5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Which has a higher frequency, purple (violet) light or yellow light?
- What is a type of wave that can travel through empty space to transfer energy?
- What is the speed of electromagnetic waves in a vacuum?
- a Purple (violet)
- b Light
- c Repeating disturbances that transfer energy through matter or space.
- d A method in which police use radio waves to detect speeders.
- e 300,000 km/s
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- stays the same.
- a particle of light. Light can behave as a particle
- energy to carry.
- By its frequency
- v=wavelength x frequency
5 True/False Questions
What kind of waves are electromagnetic waves? → Transverse waves
Ozone layer → Repeating disturbances that transfer energy through matter or space.
Why is a satellite telephone not convenient for two-way conversations? → Because of the great distances the signal must travel to and from the satellite, there can be annoying delays in the conversation.
What kind of waves produce heat (thermal energy)? → Infrared waves
How can the elements present in a star be determined? → By its frequency