5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- T/F. Olfactory and Gustory hallucinations are rare
- What is alogia?
- What is echolalia?
- T/F. Suicide is the leading cause of mortality in a person suffering from schizophrenia.
- What is associality?
- a True
- b poverity of speech and thought-- it is a reduction in the quantity of thought.
and we know this because we see:
decreased fluency and productivity of speech.
- c -reduction or absence of interest in relationships and interactions with other people.
- d True-- an estimated 15% die :(
- e copying someone's sounds
5 Multiple choice questions
- loss or reduction in capacity for experiencing pleasure
apathy and avolition
- schizo is a chronic, deteriorating state
- bizarre : the delusion is clearly unlikely
Non-bizarre: the delusion is theoretically posislbe
delusions of reference
delusions of being controlled
delusions of mind reading
5 True/False questions
What is characteristic of the paranoid type? → absence of delusions, hallucinations, disorganized speech, grossly disorganized speech or catatonic behavior!
BUT will see presence of: negative symptoms or 2 or more symptoms used to diagnose schizo DMS-4 style.
What are the DSM 4 Diagnostic features of Schizo? → --include
1) ACTIVE psychotic symptoms for at least a month
2) functioning below the highest level expected
3) duration of illness for at least 6 mos (including prodromal or residual phases)
What is characteristic of the undifferentiated type? → active psychotic symptoms== but does not meet criteria for other types!
What is characteristic of the catatonic type of schizophrenia? → 2 or more of the following:
1) motoric immobility evidenced by catalepsy
2) negativism or mutism
3) excessive motor activity
4) peculiar voluntary movements involving posture
5) echopraxia- involuntary, repetitive movement
6) echolalia- repeating what someone says-- automatically [almost like a parrot does!]
What are some prodromal or residual symptoms? → hallucinations, delusions, bizarre behavior, formal thought disorder