5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What is the co-morbidity of substance abuse [aka alcohol abuse or dependence] among schizophrenics?
- What is formication?
- What principles is Schneider associated with?
- What is alogia?
- What is characteristic of the residual type?
- a It is a tactile hallucination-- often times described as "bugs crawling under my skin"
- b poverity of speech and thought-- it is a reduction in the quantity of thought.
and we know this because we see:
decreased fluency and productivity of speech.
- c he described "first rank" symptoms including hallucinations, delusions, thought withdrawal, thought insertion, imposed feelings and impulses
- he emphasized the "positive symptoms of schizophrenia"
- d 30-50%
- e absence of delusions, hallucinations, disorganized speech, grossly disorganized speech or catatonic behavior!
BUT will see presence of: negative symptoms or 2 or more symptoms used to diagnose schizo DMS-4 style.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- schizo is a chronic, deteriorating state
- distortions of real images or sensations
- bizarre : the delusion is clearly unlikely
Non-bizarre: the delusion is theoretically posislbe
- -reduction or absence of interest in relationships and interactions with other people.
apathy and avolition
5 True/False Questions
What is avolition? → reduction/loss of ability to initiate and persist in goal-directed activities
What are disorders of perception? → hallucinations, illusions
What is psychosis? → loss or reduction in capacity for experiencing pleasure
How would you describe bizarre behavior? → clothing/appearance
What is derailment? → a pattern of speech in which incomprehensible, disconnected, and unrelated ideas replace logical and orderly thought.