5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Missi Dominici
- a the three classes into which French society was divided before the revolution: the clergy (first), the nobles (second), and the townspeople (third).
- b two men who were sent out to local districts to ensure that the counts were carrying out the kings wishes.
- c An unbeliever, a term applied to the Muslims during the Crusades.
- d military expeditions carried out by European Christians in the Middle Ages to regain the Holy Land from the Muslims.
- e in the Middle Ages, the ideal of civilized behavior that developed among the nobility.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- under feudalism, a member of the heavily armored calvary.
- under feudalism, a man who served a lord in a military capacity.
- acted as the king's representatives in local areas.
- the bishop of Rome and head of the Roman Catholic Church.
- Germanic tribes from Denmark and Northern Germany who moved in and settled in Britain.
5 True/False Questions
Monk → A man who seperates himself from ordinary human society in order to dedicate himself to God.
Ordeal → under feudalism, a man who served a lord in a military capacity.
Wergild → amount paid by a wrongdoer to the family of the person he or she had injured or killed.
Parishes → under feudalism, a member of the heavily armored calvary.
Magyars → a people from western Asia.