5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Missi Dominici
- Papal States
- a two men who were sent out to local districts to ensure that the counts were carrying out the kings wishes.
- b amount paid by a wrongdoer to the family of the person he or she had injured or killed.
- c A man who seperates himself from ordinary human society in order to dedicate himself to God.
- d acted as the king's representatives in local areas.
- e Rome and its surrounding territories.
5 Multiple choice questions
- An unbeliever, a term applied to the Muslims during the Crusades.
- under feudalism, a member of the heavily armored calvary.
- in the Middle Ages, the ideal of civilized behavior that developed among the nobility.
- nobles offered protection and land in return for service.
- Germanic tribes from Denmark and Northern Germany who moved in and settled in Britain.
5 True/False questions
Pope → A man who seperates himself from ordinary human society in order to dedicate himself to God.
Schism → the head of a convent
Crusades → military expeditions carried out by European Christians in the Middle Ages to regain the Holy Land from the Muslims.
Ordeal → under feudalism, a man who served a lord in a military capacity.
Magyars → under feudalism, a man who served a lord in a military capacity.