5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a under feudalism, a member of the heavily armored calvary.
- b the seperation between the two great branches of Christianity that occured when the Roman Pope Leo IX and the Byzantine patriarch Michael Cerularius excommunicated each other.
- c the bishop of Rome and head of the Roman Catholic Church.
- d a people from western Asia.
- e amount paid by a wrongdoer to the family of the person he or she had injured or killed.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A man who seperates himself from ordinary human society in order to dedicate himself to God.
- An unbeliever, a term applied to the Muslims during the Crusades.
- a group of Christian communities, or parishes, under the authority of a bishop.
- in the Middle Ages, the ideal of civilized behavior that developed among the nobility.
- nobles offered protection and land in return for service.
5 True/False questions
Parishes → a group of Christian communities
Ordeal → a means of determining guilt in Germanic law, based on the idea of divine intervention.
Vassal → under feudalism, a man who served a lord in a military capacity.
Papal States → Rome and its surrounding territories.
Anglo-Saxon → a people from western Asia.