5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Papal States
- Missi Dominici
- a Rome and its surrounding territories.
- b amount paid by a wrongdoer to the family of the person he or she had injured or killed.
- c a means of determining guilt in Germanic law, based on the idea of divine intervention.
- d military expeditions carried out by European Christians in the Middle Ages to regain the Holy Land from the Muslims.
- e two men who were sent out to local districts to ensure that the counts were carrying out the kings wishes.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the bishop of Rome and head of the Roman Catholic Church.
- in the Middle Ages, the ideal of civilized behavior that developed among the nobility.
- nobles offered protection and land in return for service.
- under feudalism, a member of the heavily armored calvary.
- a group of Christian communities, or parishes, under the authority of a bishop.
5 True/False Questions
Parishes → a group of Christian communities
Anglo-Saxon → Germanic tribes from Denmark and Northern Germany who moved in and settled in Britain.
Abbess → a means of determining guilt in Germanic law, based on the idea of divine intervention.
Magyars → a people from western Asia.
Infidesl → a means of determining guilt in Germanic law, based on the idea of divine intervention.