5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a Germanic tribes from Denmark and Northern Germany who moved in and settled in Britain.
- b the head of a convent
- c amount paid by a wrongdoer to the family of the person he or she had injured or killed.
- d the seperation between the two great branches of Christianity that occured when the Roman Pope Leo IX and the Byzantine patriarch Michael Cerularius excommunicated each other.
- e a people from western Asia.
5 Multiple choice questions
- in the Middle Ages, the ideal of civilized behavior that developed among the nobility.
- nobles offered protection and land in return for service.
- a means of determining guilt in Germanic law, based on the idea of divine intervention.
- An unbeliever, a term applied to the Muslims during the Crusades.
- acted as the king's representatives in local areas.
5 True/False questions
Monk → the bishop of Rome and head of the Roman Catholic Church.
Parishes → a group of Christian communities
Bishopric → the bishop of Rome and head of the Roman Catholic Church.
Papal States → Rome and its surrounding territories.
Estates → acted as the king's representatives in local areas.