5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Missi Dominici
- a the bishop of Rome and head of the Roman Catholic Church.
- b two men who were sent out to local districts to ensure that the counts were carrying out the kings wishes.
- c a group of Christian communities
- d a means of determining guilt in Germanic law, based on the idea of divine intervention.
- e amount paid by a wrongdoer to the family of the person he or she had injured or killed.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A man who seperates himself from ordinary human society in order to dedicate himself to God.
- under feudalism, a member of the heavily armored calvary.
- a group of Christian communities, or parishes, under the authority of a bishop.
- nobles offered protection and land in return for service.
- in the Middle Ages, the ideal of civilized behavior that developed among the nobility.
5 True/False questions
Magyars → the head of a convent
Vassal → under feudalism, a man who served a lord in a military capacity.
Anglo-Saxon → military expeditions carried out by European Christians in the Middle Ages to regain the Holy Land from the Muslims.
Counts → acted as the king's representatives in local areas.
Infidesl → An unbeliever, a term applied to the Muslims during the Crusades.