5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Public Lice spread
- Erysipelas sign and symptoms
- Impetigo treatment and massage
- Head lice sign & symptoms
- a topcial antibiotic creams for mild cases and oral antibiotics for more sever cases that show signs of systemic infection (ie fever and chills). systemically contraindivated untill lesions heal
- b itching caused by irritating saliva will be the first sign. Visual confirmation can be attained by looking at the scalp for "nits" the eggs which look like tiny grains of rice. Dark nits are un-hatched while white nits are the empty shell still attached to the hair. Incubation is approximately 1 week.
- c when starting on face will be raised red, hot tender area that spreads laterally looking like a "butterfly" rash taht may resemle lupus. Noticeable distinction is the sharp margin between affected and unaffected skin.
- d generally spread through sexual contract but can be contracted from infested linens. They don't jump and are the most difficult to contract.
- e Parasites that burrow under the skin in warm moist places, leaving lesions called scabies. Under the skin they drink blood, release their waste, and lay eggs.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- antibiotics, sytemically contraindicated: this infection may spread to both the lymph and circulatry systems.
- most commonly found in hot humid climates or in dry cold areas when winter chaps lips and dries skin. It's itchy and begins with small blisters filled with murky fluid that for a honey-color crust when popped
- it's a virus and thus difficult to treat other tahn to wait it out. There are some drugs that help suppress activity, but prevention and staying healthy between outbreaks is the best means of control. Contraindicated durning an outbreak
- least contagious, located around groin and buttocks area, a lot of tmes caused by yeast infection
- they primarily occur in teenagers, occasionally in children, and rarely in adults. They are the result of a very slow acting virus that attacks the keratinocytes causing the epithelail cells to become hard and scaly. They enter the body affect a few skin cells and are then eliminated by the body's immune system within a year (longer for those with less healthy immue systems
5 True/False Questions
Fungal Infections signs and symptoms → there are numersou types of infections some of the most common are: Tinea Corporis "Body ringworm", Tinea Capitits "head ringworm", Tinea Pedis, "athletes foot", Tinea Cruris "jock itch"
Tinea Pedis "athletes foot" → least contagious, located around groin and buttocks area, a lot of tmes caused by yeast infection
Head lice → Spread by jumping from one host(human) to another. Can be found in hats or other head attire. No contact is needed to spread.
Mite treatment and massages → there are a lot of over the counter remedies most of which contain the active ingredients salicylic acid. Other approches include freezing them with liquid nitrogen, electrosurger, carbon dioxide laser, ingections and excision. Howver in any case, should nay of the virus remain the wart is likely to reoccur. locally contraindicated: warts can be contagious if the edges are roughened.
Tinea Corporis "body ringworm" → very contagious starts as a small round, red, scaly, itch patch of skin on the torso which spreads by scratching. Ring appears as the fungus helas from the center outward.