5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Fungal Infections
- Erysipelas treatment & Massage
- Treatment of a Boil
- Impetigo Signs and Symptoms
- Tinea Corporis "body ringworm"
- a a)hot compresses to help burst and drain relieveing pressure and pain b) antibiotics c) lancing by a dr.
- b antibiotics, sytemically contraindicated: this infection may spread to both the lymph and circulatry systems.
- c most commonly found in hot humid climates or in dry cold areas when winter chaps lips and dries skin. It's itchy and begins with small blisters filled with murky fluid that for a honey-color crust when popped
- d thrive in warm moist places and tend to infect people with sluggish immune systems. Transmitted by skin to skin contact and has a 4 to 14 day incubation period
- e very contagious starts as a small round, red, scaly, itch patch of skin on the torso which spreads by scratching. Ring appears as the fungus helas from the center outward.
5 Multiple choice questions
- AKA Mycoses or Dermatopytosis
- it's a virus and thus difficult to treat other tahn to wait it out. There are some drugs that help suppress activity, but prevention and staying healthy between outbreaks is the best means of control. Contraindicated durning an outbreak
- reddish or grayish lines around the area scabies favor like the groin, axilla, elbows, palms of hands and between fingers. There will likely be tremendous itching and irritated blisters or pustules resulting from allergic reaction due to the excreted waste of the mite.
- Prior to outbreak there may be some pain or tingling in the area affected, then a blister or small cluster on a red base will appear. The blisters will ooze then scab over in about a week to 10 days
- localized bacterial infections (staph) sebaceous (oil) glands clogged with dirt, deak skin, and other debris create enviroment for aggressive bacteria that causes boils.
5 True/False questions
Erysipelas → Parasites that burrow under the skin in warm moist places, leaving lesions called scabies. Under the skin they drink blood, release their waste, and lay eggs.
Lice → a parasite similar to mites but much larger and divided into two types 1) head, 2) Pubic
Head lice Treatment → Pesticidal shampoo, followed by applications of medicine, then combing each section of the hari with a fine tooth comb. Alternative treatments include smothering them with petroleum jelly or mayonnaise though these are less effective. Linens and clothing should be washed at 130 F and dried on high heat for 20 min. Massage is systemically contraindiacated
Herpes simples etiology → Two types Oral or type 1 and genital or type 2. Oral herpes is trasmitted though oral or respiratory secretions while genital herpes is transmitted through genital mucous secretions during skin-to-skin contact. First or "primary" attacks may occur anywhere from 2-20 days after exposure. Up to 60% of all sexually actve adults may carry genital herpes and probably more carry oral herpes. Roughly 30 million people in the US experince at least one outbreak of some kind of herpes each year.
Mites → a parasite similar to mites but much larger and divided into two types 1) head, 2) Pubic