5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Tinea Pedis "athletes foot"
- a they primarily occur in teenagers, occasionally in children, and rarely in adults. They are the result of a very slow acting virus that attacks the keratinocytes causing the epithelail cells to become hard and scaly. They enter the body affect a few skin cells and are then eliminated by the body's immune system within a year (longer for those with less healthy immue systems
- b affects approximately 20% of popluation and is generally found between toes. Aside for itching and burning it has weeping blisters, cracking, pealing skin which can lead to other infections like lymphangitis or erysipelas
- c Parasites that burrow under the skin in warm moist places, leaving lesions called scabies. Under the skin they drink blood, release their waste, and lay eggs.
- d a parasite similar to mites but much larger and divided into two types 1) head, 2) Pubic
- e bacteria infection (Strep) usually originating on face or lower leg.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a)hot compresses to help burst and drain relieveing pressure and pain b) antibiotics c) lancing by a dr.
- antibiotics, sytemically contraindicated: this infection may spread to both the lymph and circulatry systems.
- there are a lot of over the counter remedies most of which contain the active ingredients salicylic acid. Other approches include freezing them with liquid nitrogen, electrosurger, carbon dioxide laser, ingections and excision. Howver in any case, should nay of the virus remain the wart is likely to reoccur. locally contraindicated: warts can be contagious if the edges are roughened.
- topgraphical antifungal medications are typically used unless under the nail then internal doses of fungicides may be prescibed. Depending on the type massage may be locally or systemically contraindicated.
- Cauliflower-shaped growths on the skin
5 True/False questions
Herpes Simplex Treatment & Massage → antibiotics, sytemically contraindicated: this infection may spread to both the lymph and circulatry systems.
Skin function → bacterial infection caused by both (staph and strep) generally found in children and it usually occurs around the nose and mouth but may be found anywhere on the body.
Head lice sign & symptoms → same as head lice
Public lice treatment → follow same protocol as head lice. systemically contraindicated
Head lice → a parasite similar to mites but much larger and divided into two types 1) head, 2) Pubic