5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Public Lice spread
- Wart Treatment and massage
- Wart sign and symptoms
- Herpes Simplex
- Herpes simples etiology
- a there are a lot of over the counter remedies most of which contain the active ingredients salicylic acid. Other approches include freezing them with liquid nitrogen, electrosurger, carbon dioxide laser, ingections and excision. Howver in any case, should nay of the virus remain the wart is likely to reoccur. locally contraindicated: warts can be contagious if the edges are roughened.
- b Two types Oral or type 1 and genital or type 2. Oral herpes is trasmitted though oral or respiratory secretions while genital herpes is transmitted through genital mucous secretions during skin-to-skin contact. First or "primary" attacks may occur anywhere from 2-20 days after exposure. Up to 60% of all sexually actve adults may carry genital herpes and probably more carry oral herpes. Roughly 30 million people in the US experince at least one outbreak of some kind of herpes each year.
- c generally spread through sexual contract but can be contracted from infested linens. They don't jump and are the most difficult to contract.
- d a hearty virus that can survive outside of the body for hours at a time resulting in cold sores or fever blisters on the face around the mouth or in blisters around the genitals and buttocks
- e Cauliflower-shaped growths on the skin
5 Multiple choice questions
- it's a virus and thus difficult to treat other tahn to wait it out. There are some drugs that help suppress activity, but prevention and staying healthy between outbreaks is the best means of control. Contraindicated durning an outbreak
- they primarily occur in teenagers, occasionally in children, and rarely in adults. They are the result of a very slow acting virus that attacks the keratinocytes causing the epithelail cells to become hard and scaly. They enter the body affect a few skin cells and are then eliminated by the body's immune system within a year (longer for those with less healthy immue systems
- 1.) protection a. keep pathogens out b. sloughs off dead cells and potential invaders c. prevents pathogen growth 2.) Homeostasis a. keep things where they belong b. prevents fluid loss 3.) Sensory envelope 4) Absorption & Secretion a. absorbs fat soluble materials b. excretes metobolic waste
- same as head lice
- Prior to outbreak there may be some pain or tingling in the area affected, then a blister or small cluster on a red base will appear. The blisters will ooze then scab over in about a week to 10 days
5 True/False questions
Signs & Symtoms of a boil → large and painful:hard, red, and can grow the size of a softball.
Massage of a Boil → locally contraindicated: check for systemic infection indicated by swelling of nearby lymph nodes, fever, and discomfort inareas other than where boil is. Sheets should be isolated and bleached thorougly
How mites spread → generally spread through sexual contract but can be contracted from infested linens. They don't jump and are the most difficult to contract.
Public Lice "crabs" → live primarily in pubic hair but will also live in arpit hari and have been found in eyebrows
Boils "furuncles" → live primarily in pubic hair but will also live in arpit hari and have been found in eyebrows