5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Herpes Simplex Treatment & Massage
- Herpes Simplex Sign & Symptoms
- Erysipelas treatment & Massage
- Boils "furuncles"
- Public lice treatment
- a localized bacterial infections (staph) sebaceous (oil) glands clogged with dirt, deak skin, and other debris create enviroment for aggressive bacteria that causes boils.
- b it's a virus and thus difficult to treat other tahn to wait it out. There are some drugs that help suppress activity, but prevention and staying healthy between outbreaks is the best means of control. Contraindicated durning an outbreak
- c Prior to outbreak there may be some pain or tingling in the area affected, then a blister or small cluster on a red base will appear. The blisters will ooze then scab over in about a week to 10 days
- d follow same protocol as head lice. systemically contraindicated
- e antibiotics, sytemically contraindicated: this infection may spread to both the lymph and circulatry systems.
5 Multiple choice questions
- 1.) protection a. keep pathogens out b. sloughs off dead cells and potential invaders c. prevents pathogen growth 2.) Homeostasis a. keep things where they belong b. prevents fluid loss 3.) Sensory envelope 4) Absorption & Secretion a. absorbs fat soluble materials b. excretes metobolic waste
- a parasite similar to mites but much larger and divided into two types 1) head, 2) Pubic
- Pesticidal shampoo, followed by applications of medicine, then combing each section of the hari with a fine tooth comb. Alternative treatments include smothering them with petroleum jelly or mayonnaise though these are less effective. Linens and clothing should be washed at 130 F and dried on high heat for 20 min. Massage is systemically contraindiacated
- locally contraindicated: check for systemic infection indicated by swelling of nearby lymph nodes, fever, and discomfort inareas other than where boil is. Sheets should be isolated and bleached thorougly
- Spread by jumping from one host(human) to another. Can be found in hats or other head attire. No contact is needed to spread.
5 True/False questions
Fungal Infection treatment & Massage → topgraphical antifungal medications are typically used unless under the nail then internal doses of fungicides may be prescibed. Depending on the type massage may be locally or systemically contraindicated.
Fungal Infections signs and symptoms → most commonly found in hot humid climates or in dry cold areas when winter chaps lips and dries skin. It's itchy and begins with small blisters filled with murky fluid that for a honey-color crust when popped
Erysipelas → bacteria infection (Strep) usually originating on face or lower leg.
Mites sign and symptoms → reddish or grayish lines around the area scabies favor like the groin, axilla, elbows, palms of hands and between fingers. There will likely be tremendous itching and irritated blisters or pustules resulting from allergic reaction due to the excreted waste of the mite.
Mites → a parasite similar to mites but much larger and divided into two types 1) head, 2) Pubic