5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Head lice sign & symptoms
- Erysipelas sign and symptoms
- Boils "furuncles"
- Mite treatment and massages
- Tinea Corporis "body ringworm"
- a very contagious starts as a small round, red, scaly, itch patch of skin on the torso which spreads by scratching. Ring appears as the fungus helas from the center outward.
- b localized bacterial infections (staph) sebaceous (oil) glands clogged with dirt, deak skin, and other debris create enviroment for aggressive bacteria that causes boils.
- c itching caused by irritating saliva will be the first sign. Visual confirmation can be attained by looking at the scalp for "nits" the eggs which look like tiny grains of rice. Dark nits are un-hatched while white nits are the empty shell still attached to the hair. Incubation is approximately 1 week.
- d bathing with pesticidal soap and isolating bedding, towels, and clothing for a lenght of time. Systemically contraindicated
- e when starting on face will be raised red, hot tender area that spreads laterally looking like a "butterfly" rash taht may resemle lupus. Noticeable distinction is the sharp margin between affected and unaffected skin.
5 Multiple choice questions
- locally contraindicated: check for systemic infection indicated by swelling of nearby lymph nodes, fever, and discomfort inareas other than where boil is. Sheets should be isolated and bleached thorougly
- Pesticidal shampoo, followed by applications of medicine, then combing each section of the hari with a fine tooth comb. Alternative treatments include smothering them with petroleum jelly or mayonnaise though these are less effective. Linens and clothing should be washed at 130 F and dried on high heat for 20 min. Massage is systemically contraindiacated
- topcial antibiotic creams for mild cases and oral antibiotics for more sever cases that show signs of systemic infection (ie fever and chills). systemically contraindivated untill lesions heal
- as contagious as body ringworm but found in the scalp. Scratching that results in scar tissue may also result in temporary or permanent hair loss
- Prior to outbreak there may be some pain or tingling in the area affected, then a blister or small cluster on a red base will appear. The blisters will ooze then scab over in about a week to 10 days
5 True/False questions
Public Lice spread → follow same protocol as head lice. systemically contraindicated
Impetigo Signs and Symptoms → most commonly found in hot humid climates or in dry cold areas when winter chaps lips and dries skin. It's itchy and begins with small blisters filled with murky fluid that for a honey-color crust when popped
Lice → Parasites that burrow under the skin in warm moist places, leaving lesions called scabies. Under the skin they drink blood, release their waste, and lay eggs.
Impetigo → Parasites that burrow under the skin in warm moist places, leaving lesions called scabies. Under the skin they drink blood, release their waste, and lay eggs.
Fungal Infections signs and symptoms → most commonly found in hot humid climates or in dry cold areas when winter chaps lips and dries skin. It's itchy and begins with small blisters filled with murky fluid that for a honey-color crust when popped