5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Public Lice "crabs"
- Signs & Symtoms of a boil
- Boils "furuncles"
- Fungal Infections
- Head lice
- a AKA Mycoses or Dermatopytosis
- b live primarily in pubic hair but will also live in arpit hari and have been found in eyebrows
- c large and painful:hard, red, and can grow the size of a softball.
- d Spread by jumping from one host(human) to another. Can be found in hats or other head attire. No contact is needed to spread.
- e localized bacterial infections (staph) sebaceous (oil) glands clogged with dirt, deak skin, and other debris create enviroment for aggressive bacteria that causes boils.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- least contagious, located around groin and buttocks area, a lot of tmes caused by yeast infection
- topcial antibiotic creams for mild cases and oral antibiotics for more sever cases that show signs of systemic infection (ie fever and chills). systemically contraindivated untill lesions heal
- bathing with pesticidal soap and isolating bedding, towels, and clothing for a lenght of time. Systemically contraindicated
- locally contraindicated: check for systemic infection indicated by swelling of nearby lymph nodes, fever, and discomfort inareas other than where boil is. Sheets should be isolated and bleached thorougly
- Two types Oral or type 1 and genital or type 2. Oral herpes is trasmitted though oral or respiratory secretions while genital herpes is transmitted through genital mucous secretions during skin-to-skin contact. First or "primary" attacks may occur anywhere from 2-20 days after exposure. Up to 60% of all sexually actve adults may carry genital herpes and probably more carry oral herpes. Roughly 30 million people in the US experince at least one outbreak of some kind of herpes each year.
5 True/False Questions
Treatment of a Boil → a)hot compresses to help burst and drain relieveing pressure and pain b) antibiotics c) lancing by a dr.
Fungal Infections signs and symptoms → most commonly found in hot humid climates or in dry cold areas when winter chaps lips and dries skin. It's itchy and begins with small blisters filled with murky fluid that for a honey-color crust when popped
Herpes Simplex Treatment & Massage → it's a virus and thus difficult to treat other tahn to wait it out. There are some drugs that help suppress activity, but prevention and staying healthy between outbreaks is the best means of control. Contraindicated durning an outbreak
Erysipelas sign and symptoms → when starting on face will be raised red, hot tender area that spreads laterally looking like a "butterfly" rash taht may resemle lupus. Noticeable distinction is the sharp margin between affected and unaffected skin.
Tinea Capitis "head ringworm" → as contagious as body ringworm but found in the scalp. Scratching that results in scar tissue may also result in temporary or permanent hair loss