5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What can cause Ca/P imbalances?
- What is a colloid?
- What are the causes of type II DM?
- Pancreatic alpha cells are what?
- What are causes of hypothyroidism?
- a cereals and innards can cause hyperphosphatemia / hypocalcemia
- b defects of the thyroid gland (autoimmune, lymphocytic infiltration or idiopathic atrophy)
- c hormone storage form, final stage of hormone synthesis
- d unknown, obesity, can be reversible with weight loss
- e insulin-sensitive
5 Multiple choice questions
- Glucocorticoid Deficiency
- hormone excess causes weight loss, hormone deficiency causes weight gain
- a peripheral endocrine gland to produce / release its own hormones
5 True/False questions
What does the adrenal cortex produce? → >30 steroid hormones
At what level is the plasma calcium concentration maintained? → gluco-corticoids (95% cortisol)
How do thyroid hormones affect the growth and body weight of a young animal? → follicle atrophy causes bilateral alopecia, myxedema, and pigmentation
How does an increase in gluco-corticoids affect the liver? → decrease in fat tissue / redistribution
What is it called when osteoblast secrete collagen molecules -> polymerization -> collagen fibers, precipitation os amorphous calcium salts, conversion to hydroxyapatite crystals? → tropic hormone