← Design II Vocab Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Kinetic Art
- Plastic Arts
- a System of measuring duration
- b Sculpture that is designed to move and change through time.
- c Reference to any of 3d arts concerned with molding or modelling (sculpture or ceramics)
- d Paint in several colors
- e Slang term, derogatory, type of product or person that does not measure up to standards associated with fine art
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- 3d reality that is experienced through touch
- Force that tends to pull all bodies in the earths sphere towed the center of the earth
- Designed for and installed in particular location usually out doors
- Sculptural process that stresses application or building up of matter, opposed to removal or cutting away material.
- Nearness in space
5 True/False Questions
Crafts → Slang term, derogatory, type of product or person that does not measure up to standards associated with fine art
Earthwork → Large-scale sculpture that reflects embodiment of earth and nature as essential medium. Generally intended to be permanent to most site specific projects.
Variety → Horizontal support for 3d object
Abstract texture → Actual man made texture abstracted or simpliefied
Silhouette → raised considerably off flat background