5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Social Mobility
- socioecononomic status
- a a change in position within the social heirachy.
- b a social group with two members
- c a composite ranking based on various dimensions of social inequality.
- d a way of thinking that emphizes deliberate, matter of fact calculation of the most efficient way to accomplish a particular task.
- e the tendency of group members to conform, resulting ina narrow view of some issue.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a social group with three members
- a system by whic a society ranks categories of people in a heirchy, based
- is the application of scientific principles to the operation of business or other large organization.
- refers to someone earning a degree, landing a higher paying job, or marrying someone who has a good income
- is a large and impersonal social group whose members pursue a specific goal or activity
5 True/False questions
Davis-Moore thesis → states that social stratification has beneficial consequences for the operation of society
medicalization deviance → the transformaiton of moral and legal deviance into medical condition
rationalization of society → the transformaiton of moral and legal deviance into medical condition
alienation → the experience of isolation and misery resulting from powerlessness
Labeling theory → the idea that deviance and conformity result not so much from what people do as from how others respond to those actions.