5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- secondary groups
- Upward mobility
- modernization theory
- absolute poverty
- a refers to someone earning a degree, landing a higher paying job, or marrying someone who has a good income
- b a lack of resources that s life threatening
- c is a model of economic and social development that explains global inequality in terms of teachnoligical and cultural difference between nations. Max Weber
- d is a large and impersonal social group whose members pursue a specific goal or activity
- e a powerfully negative label that greatly changes a person's self concept and social identity.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a social group with two members
- to describe a focus on rules and regulations to the point of undermining an organizations goal.
- a way of thinking that emphizes deliberate, matter of fact calculation of the most efficient way to accomplish a particular task.
- people who sell their labor wages
- people who own and operate factories and other businesses in pursuit of profits
5 True/False Questions
status consistency → is the degree of uniformity in a person's social standing across various dimensions of social inequality
Colonialism → the process by which some nations enrich themselves through pilitical and economic control of other nations
white collar crime → crime commited by people of high social position in the course of their occupations
Social stratification → a system by whic a society ranks categories of people in a heirchy, based
neocolonial ism → a new form of global power relationships that nvolves not direct political control but economic exploitation by multinational corporations.