5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Surplus wealth
- relative poverty
- Davis-Moore thesis
- blue collar occupations
- a the lack of resources of some people in relation to those who have more.
- b people who sell their labor wages
- c lower-prestige jobs that involve mostly manual labor
- d states that social stratification has beneficial consequences for the operation of society
- e It is the amount of wealth, usually described in currency, that we produce over and above what was needed for our labor power. Marx called the surplus "s."
5 Multiple choice questions
- is a social stratification based on ascription or birth. It is a closed system because birth alone determines a person's entire future, with little or no social mobility
- is a social group toward which a person feels a sense of competition and opposition.
- a powerfully negative label that greatly changes a person's self concept and social identity.
- refers to someone earning a degree, landing a higher paying job, or marrying someone who has a good income
- the transformaiton of moral and legal deviance into medical condition
5 True/False questions
neocolonial ism → the process by which some nations enrich themselves through pilitical and economic control of other nations
groupthink → the tendency of group members to conform, resulting ina narrow view of some issue.
status consistency → a way of thinking that emphizes deliberate, matter of fact calculation of the most efficient way to accomplish a particular task.
Scientific management → is the application of scientific principles to the operation of business or other large organization.
ideology → is a social group toward which a member feels respect and loyalty