5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- secondary groups
- Social Mobility
- a a change in position within the social heirachy.
- b is a social group toward which a member feels respect and loyalty
- c a social group with two members
- d is a large and impersonal social group whose members pursue a specific goal or activity
- e cultural beliefs that justify particular social arrangements, including patterns of inequality
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a system by whic a society ranks categories of people in a heirchy, based
- A principle which states that employees tend to be promoted to a level above the level at which they are competent and efficient, a process which creates incompetent senior management in any organization.
- is a model of economic and social development that explains global inequality in terms of historical exploitation of poor nations by rich ones. Dependency theory
- the tendency of group members to conform, resulting ina narrow view of some issue.
- lower-prestige jobs that involve mostly manual labor
5 True/False Questions
modernization theory → is a model of economic and social development that explains global inequality in terms of teachnoligical and cultural difference between nations. Max Weber
Parkinson's law → is work that can be done by one person in an hour and three people in two hours. to the effect that 'work expands so as to fill the time available for its completion'
triad → a social group with three members
status consistency → is the degree of uniformity in a person's social standing across various dimensions of social inequality
white collar occupations → higher prestige jobs that involve mostly mental activity