5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Scientific management
- caste system
- blue collar occupations
- a a way of thinking that emphizes deliberate, matter of fact calculation of the most efficient way to accomplish a particular task.
- b lower-prestige jobs that involve mostly manual labor
- c cultural beliefs that justify particular social arrangements, including patterns of inequality
- d is a social stratification based on ascription or birth. It is a closed system because birth alone determines a person's entire future, with little or no social mobility
- e is the application of scientific principles to the operation of business or other large organization.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A principle which states that employees tend to be promoted to a level above the level at which they are competent and efficient, a process which creates incompetent senior management in any organization.
- people who own and operate factories and other businesses in pursuit of profits
- refers to someone earning a degree, landing a higher paying job, or marrying someone who has a good income
- the lack of resources of some people in relation to those who have more.
- to describe a focus on rules and regulations to the point of undermining an organizations goal.
5 True/False questions
groupthink → people who sell their labor wages
Davis-Moore thesis → states that social stratification has beneficial consequences for the operation of society
medicalization deviance → the transformaiton of moral and legal deviance into medical condition
status consistency → is the degree of uniformity in a person's social standing across various dimensions of social inequality
Social Mobility → refers to someone earning a degree, landing a higher paying job, or marrying someone who has a good income