5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Upward mobility
- Downward mobility
- white collar crime
- a refers to someone earning a degree, landing a higher paying job, or marrying someone who has a good income
- b a social group with two members
- c the process by which some nations enrich themselves through pilitical and economic control of other nations
- d crime commited by people of high social position in the course of their occupations
- e refers to someone dropping out of school, losing a job, or becoming divorced
5 Multiple choice questions
- is a social group toward which a person feels a sense of competition and opposition.
- states that social stratification has beneficial consequences for the operation of society
- is a social group toward which a member feels respect and loyalty
- is a model of economic and social development that explains global inequality in terms of historical exploitation of poor nations by rich ones. Dependency theory
- the historical change from tradtion to rationality as the main typer of human thought
5 True/False questions
modernization theory → is a model of economic and social development that explains global inequality in terms of historical exploitation of poor nations by rich ones. Dependency theory
Surplus wealth → people who sell their labor wages
Primary groups → is a large and impersonal social group whose members pursue a specific goal or activity
Labeling theory → the idea that deviance and conformity result not so much from what people do as from how others respond to those actions.
capitalist → a way of thinking that emphizes deliberate, matter of fact calculation of the most efficient way to accomplish a particular task.