5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Upward mobility
- multinational corportion
- Labeling theory
- Primary groups
- a the idea that deviance and conformity result not so much from what people do as from how others respond to those actions.
- b refers to someone earning a degree, landing a higher paying job, or marrying someone who has a good income
- c is a small social group whose members share personal and lasting relationships
- d a social group with two members
- e large business that operates in many countries
5 Multiple choice questions
- crime commited by people of high social position in the course of their occupations
- A principle which states that employees tend to be promoted to a level above the level at which they are competent and efficient, a process which creates incompetent senior management in any organization.
- a social group with three members
- is the application of scientific principles to the operation of business or other large organization.
- is a model of economic and social development that explains global inequality in terms of historical exploitation of poor nations by rich ones. Dependency theory
5 True/False questions
Social Mobility → refers to someone earning a degree, landing a higher paying job, or marrying someone who has a good income
Social stratification → a change in position within the social heirachy.
status consistency → a way of thinking that emphizes deliberate, matter of fact calculation of the most efficient way to accomplish a particular task.
neocolonial ism → a new form of global power relationships that nvolves not direct political control but economic exploitation by multinational corporations.
caste system → is a social stratification based on ascription or birth. It is a closed system because birth alone determines a person's entire future, with little or no social mobility