5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Davis-Moore thesis
- multinational corportion
- Upward mobility
- secondary groups
- a is a social group toward which a member feels respect and loyalty
- b is a large and impersonal social group whose members pursue a specific goal or activity
- c large business that operates in many countries
- d refers to someone earning a degree, landing a higher paying job, or marrying someone who has a good income
- e states that social stratification has beneficial consequences for the operation of society
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- to describe a focus on rules and regulations to the point of undermining an organizations goal.
- A principle which states that employees tend to be promoted to a level above the level at which they are competent and efficient, a process which creates incompetent senior management in any organization.
- a system by whic a society ranks categories of people in a heirchy, based
- people who sell their labor wages
- is a small social group whose members share personal and lasting relationships
5 True/False Questions
Surplus wealth → people who sell their labor wages
neocolonial ism → a new form of global power relationships that nvolves not direct political control but economic exploitation by multinational corporations.
Scientific management → is the application of scientific principles to the operation of business or other large organization.
groupthink → people who sell their labor wages
socioecononomic status → a composite ranking based on various dimensions of social inequality.