5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Forensic biotechnology
- Type 1 Diabetes
- a Heats food long enough to kill all the bacteria in it, but cools it in time to preserve its flavor.
- b A disorder that induces sleepiness even when the patient feels well-rested
- c egg cells
- d Biotech used in the analyses of crimes
- e a disease that prevents people form producing enough insulin
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- long sequences on DNA that don't code for anything
- proteins that are associated with viruses
- Protein that binds to special receptors on muscle cells and inhibits muscle growth
- A disease that is native or common in a certain region
- nucleotides that are complimentary / pair up with each other (e.g. adenine with thymine, cytosine with guanine)
5 True/False Questions
chromosomes → organelles in cells where proteins are made
transduction → Exposing someone to a weakened version of a disease so they might be immune.
Plumpy'nut → Biofortified food meant to treat severe malnourishment. Composed of peanut paste, vegetable oil, powdered milk, powdered sugar, and vitamins and minerals. Expensive.
Pacemaker → a genetically modified flower that can produce insulin
Lancing the Boil → Slice boils open with something sharp to "treat it".