5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Modafinil (Provigil)
- a Thousands of pustules (little pimples full of pus) cover the skin, which turns into scars later on, assuming the victim survived. 30% fatality rate.
- b enzyme that re-connects the 2 DNA strands
- c clump of undifferentiated cells that salamanders produce instead of scabs
- d drug that keeps people alert and awake, might even be used to combat depression
- e Engineering simple and inexpensive foods to make them more nutritious
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- proteins that are associated with viruses
- The immune system fights any foreign substances
- Helps keep the patient's heart pumping, sometimes through electrical stimulation
- Making useful products out of raw organic materials
- A large fermentation tank for growing microorganisms.
5 True/False Questions
Narcolepsy → A disorder that induces sleepiness even when the patient feels well-rested
Oxytocin → Bacillus Thuringiensis. Natural pesticide. Forms poisonous crystals that slice up the guts of insects from within, making it impossible for them to digest. They starve to death.
genes → long segments of DNA that control how a certain trait is expressed in an organism
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD) → Screening embryos to assess the risk of certain genetic disorders and the presence of certain traits before deciding which ones to use
homo- → genes on DNA that actually code for proteins