5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- recombinant cells
- Ventricular assist device
- Variable number tandem repeats (VNTR)
- a Helps keep the patient's heart pumping, sometimes through electrical stimulation
- b Ultimate stem cell, capable of forming all the other cells in a fetus
- c happiness
- d Short pieces of noncoding DNA that repeat many times in a given genome and are very different between individuals who aren't related. Ideal for DNA profiling
- e cells that have had recombinant DNA introduced to them
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Fungus that causes bread to rise
- a disease that prevents people form producing enough insulin
- Sit at the end of DNA to protect them from falling apart. Shrinks as the organism ages.
- Bacillus Thuringiensis. Natural pesticide. Forms poisonous crystals that slice up the guts of insects from within, making it impossible for them to digest. They starve to death.
- A food item that is commonly found in an area and eaten on a regular basis
5 True/False Questions
Transgender → Gender change
Cowpox → prefix that means "same"
bases (nitrogenous bases) → enzymes that select and cut DNA strands
enzymes → proteins that catalyze (speed up or activate) chemical reactions
Immunosuppressant → Limits the body's natural immune system. Organ recipients must take these drugs for the rest of their lives. However, this limits the body's ability to fight actual infections