← Geology Midterm Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Transform Fault
- Metamorphic rock
- Portion of the Earth that acts as a plastic solid
- a A piece of the Earth's crust fragmented by convective motion in the Earth's interior
- b What is the central zone of Earth
- c What is a rock that is formed by preexisting rocks under increased temp. &pressure due to deep burial.
- d What is the portion of a fracture zone between 2 segments of a mid-oceanic ridge crest.
- e What is Asthenosphere
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- What is a rock that is formed by crystallization from molten rocks called magma.
- The outer layer of the Earth is called
- The water on or near Earth's surface is called
- What is the layer of rock that forms a thin skin over Earth's surface.
- Where two plates move together, one under the other.
5 True/False Questions
Divergent Plate Boundary → Where two plates move together, one under the other.
4.5 billion years old → What is Earth's Age
Asthenosphere → A region of Earth's outer shell beneath the lithosphere.
Portion of the Earth that acts as a brittle solid → What is Lithosphere
Transform Plate Boundary → Where two plates move away from each other