← Geology Midterm Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- 4.5 billion years old
- a A piece of the Earth's crust fragmented by convective motion in the Earth's interior
- b What is Earth's Age
- c What is the layer of rock that forms a thin skin over Earth's surface.
- d The outer layer of the Earth is called
- e What is the central zone of Earth
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- What is Asthenosphere
- Where two plates move away from each other
- What is a rock that is formed by crystallization from molten rocks called magma.
- The gases that envelop the Earth is called
- What is the term of identifying a mineral based on the way light shines on a mineral. "glassy" "pearly" "silky"
5 True/False Questions
Boundary that forms explosive volcanoes → Where two plates slide past each other.
Transform Plate Boundary → Where two plates slide past each other.
Portion of the Earth that acts as a brittle solid → What is Lithosphere
Metamorphic rock → What is a rock that is formed by disintegration of preexisting rocks& subsequent transportation and deposition of the resultant material by: water, air, ice
Hydrosphere → The water on or near Earth's surface is called