6 Which of the following is included using specific anaerobic equipment for preparing cultures?
B. Gas pack jar
7 In Abraham Maslow's Hierarchy of needs, the need to be respected describes the?
D. Self-esteem need
11 Which of the following is the recommend percentage of total daily fat calories of an average person?
14 which of the following applies to codes used as supplements to the basic CPT system and are required when reporting services and procedures to Medicare and Medicaid patients?
17 Which of the following best describes proficiency testing?
C. Using unknown samples to set up and identify speciments
22 Which letter style requires the complimentary closing and typed signature be placed in line with the left margin of the body of the letter?
C. Full block style
36 Which of the following best describes why the oral route is the most widely used method of drug administration?
B. No special equipment is required
39 Which of the following is an incision made to enlarge the opening of the external urethra?
46 An unconscious defense mechanism characterized by behavior that is opposite of one's true feelings describes?
E. Reaction formation (compensation)
51 In children, what is the correct angle of injection into the vastus lateralis?
B. 45 degrees directed inferiorly
53 Protocol regarding who reports to whom within an organization's hierarchy is the?
C. chain of authority
65 Dr. Wu orders 100 USP units of heparin to be given to Mrs. Lee. The label on the heparin bottle reads 5,000 units per ml. How will the heparin be adminstered?
69 Which of the following best describes how the augmented leads are recorded?
C. After the bipolar leads
78 A patient who is usually verbal appears sad and withdrawn. The medical assistant should?
A. Describe the behavior to the patient
82 Which of the following physicians specializes in treating patients with diseases of the liver?
88. If the electrocardiograph is properly standardized, the standardization mark should be how high?
91. Whcih of the following does not apply to all specimens for culture?
D.Be performed using standard precautions
95. Representatives from medical supply and drug companies?
C. Can provide a valuable service and should be scheduled for short visits
97. A medical assistant says to a patient, "You should get a second opinion because your physician is not the best." The healthcare provider could be sued for:
99. Which of the following is included in personnel standards under the Clia regulations?
D.All personnel are able to calibrate and standardize instruments
101. A call is ringingon another line; the medical assistant should ?
D.Ask the first caller if she can hold if yes, answer the second line, ask him if he can hold. If es, return to the first caller.
106. In men, specimens for gonococcal cultures are most commonly obtained from which of the following?
110. Whcih of the following conditions is characterized by the presence of kidney stones (renal calculi)?
118. When a shipment of supplies is received, the supplies should be checked against the?
B. Enclosed packing slip
119. Which of the following would support a patient's right to privacy?
D. Closing the door when interviewing the patient
120. Which of the following is required for the synthesis of the heme portion of the hemoglobin molecule?
121. In men, which of the following structures is located at the neck of the bladder and surrounds the urethra?
123. If a patient refuses consent to treatment, the medical assistant should?
C. Delay treatment and consult the health care provider
?128. Which of the following statements is not true about performing an accurate sed rate procedure?
E.None of the above Look at test page.
129. Which of the following are mucus-producing glands located on each side of the vaginal opening?
135. Which of the following best describes the overweight percentage used to classify obesity?
136. Which of the following best describes the disturbance of kidney filtration when urine contains excessive glucose?
138. A state accepting a medical license granted by another state describes licensure by?
140. In the ambulatory care setting, the postal class likely to be used most frequently is:
B. First class
141. Which of the following is not included in the quality control of reagent strips?
D. Keep in refrigerator
142. The medical assistant notices a patient who is blind attempting to locate the exit. He should
A. Ask, "May I be of assistance?"
143. Patients with which of the following diseases are treated with injections of vitamin B-12??
E. Pernicious anemia
144. Which of the following statements is false regarding digestion?
B. The process of digestion takes place in the stomach
146.For which of the following is confirmatory testing for urine reagent strips not usuall performed? ?
147. Corrections to medical records: ?
B.Are made by placing a single line through the error and replacing it with the correction
149. Which of the following is an appropriate action for a michroscopic examination of urine sediment?
D.Performed using a urine color atlas