To declare or be evidence of something as true, genuine, or accurate.
A statement or principle that requires no proof because its truth is obvious.
Lacking good manners; rude, impolite.
To make up, prepare, or invent.
1. Something that grows out of or results from an earlier form or condition
2. Based on what has gone before; lacking originality
1. To see the difference; to distinguish
2. To be or make different.
To criticize in a negative, disrespectful manner.
1. To break up and spread out so thinly as to disappear; to scatter or be scattered
2. To spend or use foolishly
Not generally know or understood; familiar to only a relatively small number of people.
Relating to the sense of smell.
Too great a number; an excess.
To make like new; to renovate.
1. To produce and give off
2. To place so as to be hidden from view; to conceal
A departure from the normal, expected course; a whim or unpredictable action.
1. Evaporating quickly
2. Changing readily; explosive; unpredictable