5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- people who wanted the United States to stay out of world affairs, opposed the League of Nations.
- a state of peace agreed to between opponents so they can discuss peace terms; an agreement to stop fighting
- an international organization formed in 1920 to promote cooperation and peace among nations.
Its job would be to protect the independence of all countries—large or small. His goals were clear. He stated:
"An evident principle runs through the whole program that I have outlined. It is the principle of justice to all peoples and nationalities, and their right to live on equal terms of liberty and safety with one another, whether weak or strong."
— Woodrow Wilson, Speech, January 8, 1918
- Woodrow Wilson (US president),
Georges Clemenceau (french premier),
David Lloyd George (british prime minister),
Vittorio Orlando (italian prime minister)
- in 1918 and was the first major battle outside of Paris. it lasted for 3 weeks and America finally won over the Germans
5 True/False questions
Battle of the Argonne Forest → in 1918 and was the first major battle outside of Paris. it lasted for 3 weeks and America finally won over the Germans
self determination → the right of national groups to have their own territory and forms of government.
Henry Cabot Lodge → cash payments, for the losses they had suffered during the war.
Harlem Hell Fighters → Presidents Wilson's peace plan; it was meant to prevent international problems from causing another war.
abdicate → to give up power