5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Creative self
- Five-factor model
- a In Adler's theory, thye self-aware part of personality that organizes goal-seeking efforts.
- b The portion of the personality that attempts to balance between the desires of the id and the demands and constraints of society.
- c The current most widely advocated model of personality within the trait perspective where all of personality is revealed by means of five basic dimensions.
- d Sources of stress.
- e Relatively enduring personal characteristics.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Jealousy of boys for having a penis.
- A term proposed by Bandura that conceptualizes how likely we believe it to be that a certain end result will occur.
- White blood cells that protect the body against disease-causing organisms.
- A defense mechanism where the individual unconsciously refuses recognize that a given phenomenon exists.
- A defense mechanism involving behavior that stands in opposition to one's true motives and desires so as to prevent conscious awareness of them.
5 True/False Questions
Acculturative stress → Tests that have a consistent and standardized method for scoring.
Expectancies → The part of the mind whose contents can be brought into awareness through focused attention.
Oedipus principle → The standard by which the ego operates.
Chronic stress → A state of emotional or physical suffering, discomfort, or pain.
Sublimation → A defense mechanism involving the channeling of unacceptable impulses into socially sanctioned behaviors or interest.