← TAKS Review Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Popular Sovereignty
- Robert E. Lee
- Northwest Ordinance
- Vicksburg, Mississippi
- a A policy of establishing the principles and procedures for the orderly expansion of the United States.
- b The capture of this town by the North in 1863, effectively split the Confederacy in two and gave control of the Mississippi River to the Union.
- c The sharing of power between the states and the national government.
- d The practice of allowing each territory to decide for itself whether or not to allow slavery.
- e The General for the Confederate Army.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The later writings and interpretations of historians and writers.
- Were supporters of the Constitution who favored a strong national government.
- A leader of the Federalists, first Treasurer of the United States, creator of the Bank of the U.S., and killed in a duel by the Vice President of the United States, Aaron Burr.
- The era in which a change from household industries to factory production using powered machinery took place.
- Organized the Seneca Fall Convention creating the Women's Rights Movement in the United States.
5 True/False Questions
1787 → The year the current Constitution of the United States was written.
Lexington, Massachusetts → The site of the first battle of the American Revolution.
Patrick Henry → Means to approve by vote.
Dred Scott vs. Sanford → The Supreme Court decision that said slaves were property, not citizens.
Sam Adams → Document signed in 1215 by King John, the first document that limited power of the ruler.