← 11 12 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- fervid adj.
- a v. to have or to cause to have a wavy motion
- b n. a large and destructive fire
- c v. To cause queasiness; to cause to feel sick. to cause the feeling of repulsion or disgust.
- d Full of intense passion or zeal.
- e n. a flow. a continuous succession of changes.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- adj. bubbling up from a liquid. Very excited, bubbling over with high spirits.
- n. a display of fireworks. a spectacular display of virtuosity in music, writing, wit, or other accomplishments.
- adj. colored or decorated in a showy way having a showy appearance or manner.
- the flowing together of two or more elements, streams, rivers, or ideas. an assembling or flocking together in a crowd.
- v. to remove/lose water or moisture.
5 True/False Questions
incense → to infuriate; to enrage
pontificate → v. to speak with pompous authority. n. the office of pontiff; papacy
effluent → the flowing together of two or more elements, streams, rivers, or ideas. an assembling or flocking together in a crowd.
redundant → v. to reflect or come back either favorably or unfavorably (upon a person or thing)
marinade → n. a liquid often seasoned with spices or herbs to flavor meat or fish for a period of time before cooking.