5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Rene Descartes
- tabula rasa
- Johannes Kepler
- a Wrote "The discourse on method", Deductive method
- b Humans without info at birth (nurture)
- c Power of human reason, need to check authority
- d Attacked privilege, wrote "The Social Contract"
- e Says: Math = Language of god, designed three laws of planetary motion
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Against tourture and death
- French Absolutist King, enforced catholic
- Enlightenment thinker, wrote "Answer to the Question, What is the Enlightenment?"
- Wrote the Encyclopedia
- explains philosophy of what humans know
5 True/False Questions
Charles II → Absolutist, Charles' brother tolerated only catholic
Declaration of the Rights of Man and of the Citizen → Declaration made by the national assembly
Estates General → Says: Math = Language of god, designed three laws of planetary motion
Isaac Newton → Big mouth
Beccaria → Humanist, wrote "on crimes and punishments"