5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- NYHA functional class II
- Right ventricular dysfunction signs
- Left Ventricular dysfunction symptoms
- If symptoms are a product of fluid accumulating in the peripheral tissues which side is the failure on?
- ACC/AHA stage D
- a right sided failure
- b peripheral edema, JVD, hepatojugular reflex, hepatomegaly
- c DOE, orthopnea, tachypnea, cough, hemoptysis, paroxysmal nocturnal dyspnea
- d able to walk one flight of stairs or one block without fatigue
- e Patients with advanced structural disease and marked sx of HF at rest.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- impaired relaxation, impaired filling
- Symptoms of congestive heart failure are present even at rest. Increased discomfort is experienced with any physical activity.
- CAD, hypertension, diabetes, alcohol abuse
- < 40%
5 True/False Questions
What law deals with tension? → Law of Laplace
Preload is aka → left-ventricular end-diastolic volume
ACC/AHA stage D examples → patients awaiting heart transplant, patients in hospice setting for management of HF
impaired relaxation and filling of the left ventricle → hypertension with LVH, IHD, constrictive pericarditis, pericardial tamponade
stroke volume is dependent on what three things? → preload, contractility, afterload