5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What curve describes the relationshiph between preload and stroke volume on cardiac output?
- Loss of muscle etiologies
- What law deals with tension?
- Diastolic dysfunction complications
- BNP can be used to distinguish heart failure symptoms from ____ and ____.
- a COPD exacerbations, pneumonia
- b Law of Laplace
- c Frank-Starling
- d arrhythmias
- e myocardial infarction, myocardial ischemia, SLE
5 Multiple choice questions
- bibasilar rales, PE, S₃gallop, pleural effusion, Cheyne-Stokes respiration
- patients have no identified abnormalities of the heart and have never shown signs or sx of HF
- right sided failure
- CAD, hypertension, diabetes, alcohol abuse
- DOE, orthopnea, tachypnea, cough, hemoptysis, paroxysmal nocturnal dyspnea
5 True/False questions
impaired relaxation and filling of the left ventricle → diastolic function
ACC/AHA stage D → patients have no identified abnormalities of the heart and have never shown signs or sx of HF
4 broad etiologies of systolic heart failure → volume overload, pressure overload, loss of muscle, loss of contractility
impaired relaxation etiologies → mitral stenosis, tricuspid stenosis
Increase in total blood volume will _____ preload. → systemic hypertension, pulmonary hypertension, aortic stenosis