5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Right ventricular dysfunction symptoms
- impaired relaxation etiologies
- BNP levels are considered elevated above _____.
- If symptoms are a product of fluid accumulating in the lungs, which side is the failure on?
- stroke volume =
- a left sided failure
- b end diastolic volume - end systolic volume
- c abdominal pain, anorexia, nausea, bloating, constipation, ascites
- d hypertension with LVH, IHD, constrictive pericarditis, pericardial tamponade
- e 100 pg/mL
5 Multiple choice questions
- preload, contractility, afterload
- COPD exacerbations, pneumonia
- systemic hypertension, pulmonary hypertension, aortic stenosis
- Patients who have current or prior symptoms of heart failure with underlying structural disease
5 True/False questions
ACC/AHA stage B examples → LVH, previous MI
impaired filling etiologies → mitral stenosis, tricuspid stenosis
Increase in total blood volume will _____ preload. → systemic hypertension, pulmonary hypertension, aortic stenosis
NYHA functional class IV → Symptoms of congestive heart failure are present even at rest. Increased discomfort is experienced with any physical activity.
NYHA functional class I → able to walk one flight of stairs or one block without fatigue