5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a food, water
- b 10 months - babies lose the ability to distinguish phonemes from languages other than their own.
- c children aquire untaught words and grammar at a rate too extraordinary to be explained soley by learning principles. Ex HOLDED the rabbit
- d created the Stanford-Binet , and was a Stanford professor. Stanford - Binet created new age norms for US school children.
- e In a language, the smallest unit that carries meaning; may be a word or a prefix
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- To predict Paris's school system and children's success in the future
- The high extremes of intelligence are 130 or above and that means your gifted and talented.
The extreme low is 70 or below and that means legal mental retardation.
They are exactly 3 deviations away from the normal which is 100!
- the extent to which a test measures or predicts what it is suppose to.
- repeatable , stable, consistant , getting the same results each time you take it.
- backs up Gardner's theory. Different kinds of intelligences and savant proves it.
5 True/False Questions
Pidgin → accommodation of two different languages . EX: spanglish
What is the WAIS → a tendency to maintain a balanced or constant internal state; the regulation of any aspect of body chemistry, such as blood glucose around a particular level
Holographic/ Household ONE WORD → 12 months (1-2) - stage which child mainly speaks in single words that have enough meaning with context and gestures to mean a whole sentence.
Ventromedial hypothalamus → Lacking center,
Monitors glucose levels,
Stimulation produces eating,
Lesions produce starvation
BRINGS ON HUNGER
Spearman's 'g' Factor → General Intelligence had specialties or specific abilities, test high in one area likely to test high in other areas.