1.to perform or be responsible for (a deception, crime, etc).
2. to present, execute, or do in a poor or tasteless manner.
1. boldly forward in speech or behavior; impertinent; saucy.
2. jaunty and stylish; chic; natty.
3. lively; sprightly; in good health.
4. Obsolete . clever or brisk
pertaining or relating directly and significantly to the matter at hand; relevant.
1. to convert into stone or a stony substance.
2. to benumb or paralyze with astonishment, horror, or other strong emotion.
3. to make rigid or inert; harden; deaden.
Synonyms - immobilize, dumbfound, daze
collector of stamps and other postal matter as a hobby or an investment
specialist in therapeutic use of physical agents or means, such as massage, exercises, etc
brief, forceful, and meaningful in expression; full of vigor, substance, or meaning; terse; forcible.
Synonyms - succinct, pointed, meaty, concise.
1. of, pertaining to, or serving as a pivot.
2. of vital or critical importance.
to take and use ideas, passages, etc., from (another's work)
a person who brings suit in a court (opposed to defendant)
play cat and mouse
1. to engage in a gamelike relationship in which evasion and pursuit are used.2. to toy or trifle with.
3. to use strategy on one's opponent, especially while waiting to strike
An agreement that permits a defendant to plead guilty to a lesser charge instead of pleading not guilty to a more serious one.
1. a fold of definite, even width made by doubling cloth or the like upon itself and pressing or stitching it in place. 2. to fold or arrange in pleats
1. bending readily; flexible; supple; adaptable.
2. easily influenced; yielding to others; compliant.
Syn - pliable, flexile, manageable, tractable, docile
1. of or pertaining to air, gases, or wind.
2. Theology . of or pertaining to the spirit; spiritual.
3. operated by air or by the pressure or exhaustion of air. 4. filled with or containing compressed air, as a tire.
5. equipped with pneumatic tires.
6. of or pertaining to pneumatics.
7. Zoology . containing air or air cavities.
a person qualified to diagnose and treat foot disorders.
1. keenly distressing to the feelings.
2. keen or strong in mental appeal.
3. affecting or moving the emotions.
4. pungent to the smell.
Syn - intense, sincere, heartfelt, piquant, sharp.
1. a dot or tiny mark. 2. a location, spot, or position. 3. any dot or mark used in writing or printing, such as a decimal point or a full stop.
4. short for vowel point. 5. the sharp tapered end of a pin, knife, etc., 6. a pin, needle, or other object having such a point. 7. Math
a. a geometric element having no dimensions and whose position in space is located by means of its coordinates. b. a location: point of inflection.
Many More Meanings given were skipped
1. the condition of having or giving polarity.
2. physics. the process or phenomenon in which the waves of light or other electromagnetic radiation are restricted to certain directions of vibration, usually specified in terms of the electric field vector.
1. the practice or condition of having more than one spouse, especially wife, at one time.
2. a. the condition of having male, female, and hermaphrodite flowers on the same plant.
b. the condition of having these different types of flower on separate plants of the same species.
3. the practice in male animals of having more than one mate during one breeding season.
1. an indication or omen of something about to happen, especially something momentous.
2. threatening or disquieting significance.
3. a miraculous occurrence.
1. of the nature of a portent; momentous.
2. ominously significant or indicative.
3. marvelous; amazing; prodigious.
a structure consisting of a roof supported by columns or piers, usually attached to a building as a porch.
1. to place, put, or set. 2. to lay down or assume as a fact or principle; postulate.
done, occurring, or collected after death. See also 27 below.
1. arising, occurring, or continuing after one's death. 2. published after the death of the author.
3. born after the death of the father.
1. of, pertaining to, or occurring in the time following death. 2. of or pertaining to examination of the body after death. 3. occurring after the end of something; after the event.
1. a paragraph, phrase, etc., added to a letter that has already been concluded and signed by the writer.
2. any addition or supplement, as one appended by a writer to a book to supply further information.
1. fit to drink; drinkable.
2. something fit to drink; a beverage.
1. to talk in a foolish or childish way; babble.
2. to utter in a foolish or childish way.
3. foolish or childish talk.
1. a preliminary or introductory statement, esp attached to a statute or constitution setting forth its purpose. 2. a preliminary or introductory conference, event, fact, etc.,
1. dependent on circumstances beyond one's control; uncertain; unstable; insecure.
2. dependent on the will or pleasure of another; liable to be withdrawn or lost at the will of another.
3. exposed to or involving danger; dangerous; perilous; risky.
4. having insufficient, little, or no foundation.
1. a commandment or direction given as a rule of action or conduct.
2. an injunction as to moral conduct; maxim.
3. a procedural directive or rule, as for the performance of some technical operation.
4. Law . a. a writ or warrant.
b. a written order issued pursuant to law, as a sheriff's order for an election.
1. a concise summary.
2. to make a précis of.