5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- in a gunny sack
- K.C. Baking Powder can
- Three traps
- Two cups
- a What did Papa give Billy to take his mind off the hounds?
- b How did Billy get his pups home from town?
- c Why didn't Grandpa want Billy to tell his father about the money he had saved?
- d In chapter 1, what did Billy have on his mantel that triggered memories of years past?
- e What did Billy use as a bank to save his money in for the hounds?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- What did Billy catch in the traps?
- How far did Billy have to walk to reach the post office in Tahlequah?
- Who is the narrator of "Where the Red Fern Grows"?
- How did Billy decide on names for the two pups?
- What did Billy buy for his family while in town?
5 True/False Questions
selling vegetables, berries, & minnows → What did Billy do to earn money to buy his dogs?
raccoon hide → What did Billy need to train his pups?
hillbilly → What name was Billy called while he was in town?
Ozark Mountains in Oklahoma → What is the setting of this novel?
the scream of a mountain lion → What did Billy need to train his pups?