5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- chronic blepharitis and meibomianitis
- external hordeola
- Varicella zoster; oral acyclovir
- dome-shaped, skin-colored, umbilicated nodules from which a cheesy material may be expressed
- a Classic description of Molluscum contagiosus
- b Demodex follicularum (hair follicle mite) and
Demodex brevis (sebaceous gland mite) may infect pilosebaceous unit of lid & cause...
- c sudden onset of fever & preherpetic neuralgia pain in the nrv distribution→ 3-4d later skin reddens, swells & develops vesicles→ rupture & heal over 1-2 wks. Tx?
- d True or False: Tx of blepharitis is lifelong
- e purulent inflammations of lash follicles & adjacent glands
5 Multiple choice questions
- Usually due to extension of bacterial sinusitis; Threatens vision & life
- antidepressants, gabapentin or pregabalin
- upper outer eye lid; viral or bacterial; fullness or pain in upper outer orbit w/ firm, tender swelling of lateral lid
- Most common cause of uni- or bilateral proptosis
- Tx of sarcoidosis
5 True/False questions
False: rare → True or False: Tx of blepharitis is lifelong
tissue of eyelids and periocular region anterior to orbital septum → Acute orbital cellulitis: what does preseptal involve?
IV ATBs and hospitalize with consultation (ears, nose and throat) → Acute orbital cellulitis: what does postseptal involve?
Dacrocystitis → upper outer eye lid; viral or bacterial; fullness or pain in upper outer orbit w/ firm, tender swelling of lateral lid
Painless, rounded, slow-growing lid mass that may wax and wane → Both internal and external hordeola can cause...