5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- HSV; oral acyclovir and topical vidarabine eye drops
- hot compresses and ATBs (to cover Staph); I&D if needed
- dome-shaped, skin-colored, umbilicated nodules from which a cheesy material may be expressed
- IV ATBs and hospitalize with consultation (ears, nose and throat)
- a Classic description of Molluscum contagiosus
- b Tx of hordeolum (bacterial inf)
- c True or False: Tx of blepharitis is lifelong
- d unilateral crop of vesicles on swollen, red base; often on lower lid. Tx?
- e Acute orbital cellulitis: tx for postseptal
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Tx of chalazion
- upper outer eye lid; viral or bacterial; fullness or pain in upper outer orbit w/ firm, tender swelling of lateral lid
- Demodex follicularum (hair follicle mite) and
Demodex brevis (sebaceous gland mite) may infect pilosebaceous unit of lid & cause...
- Acute orbital cellulitis: how does postseptal present?
- Causes of acute orbital cellulitits
5 True/False Questions
pain, redness and swelling of lid margin which may abscess → Both internal and external hordeola can cause...
entropion, ectropion, thickening or notching of lid margins → Staphylococcal marginal blepharitis:- lid deformity may cause...
False: rare → True or False: Tx of blepharitis is lifelong
internal hordeola → purulent inflammations of lash follicles & adjacent glands
Red lid margins with greasy scale, not clustered at lash root and do not bleed or ulcerate when removed → Presentation of seborrheic marginal blepharitis