5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- mechanical energy
- magnetic field
- a energy from a machine
- b A ______________ works through the interaction of 2 magnetic fields.
- c Strength of an ___________________________ is determined by amount of current in the wire and the amount of wire coils.
- d an invisible area of energy surrounding a magnet (force field)
- e an electrical conductor made of strips of metal that makes sliding contact between a stationary and moving part or a generator or motor
5 Multiple choice questions
- Buzzers work because chemical energy is transformed to __________________ which is transformed into sound energy.
- action between two or more part
- a covering made from a non-conducting material used to prevent short circuits or shocks from electricity
- to draw or pull toward another object
- The electric current in the coils of wire around the nail releases ________ energy. This causes the coiled nail to get hot.
5 True/False questions
buzzers → _______________ work because chemical energy is transformed to electrical energy which is transformed into sound energy.
magnetic → having the properties of a magnet
battery → _______________ work because chemical energy is transformed to electrical energy which is transformed into sound energy.
electromagnet → a magnetism developed by a current of electricity
energy and matter → What two general groups are interacting to release sound energy?