Chap 6 intro to speech
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- receptive language skill
- syntactic problems
- a persons understandin of what is said ( spoken language)
- b are difficulties in sentence construction, as expressed in grammaticaly inappropriate forms
- c aspets of language refer to appropriate use of language in social context
- d arranging words in proper order to form meaningful sentences.
- e the situation on which an utterance is producd usually provides a clue to the meaning
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- are those of language use.
- that it is already present when the chil is born
- reduces the human concts that are needd toa cquire language.
- thos behaviors that preced the production of words and phrases
- other grammatical mophemes include inflection of english language: adding ed to a word to indicate past tense; adding 's to a word to indicate possesion.
5 True/False Questions
language sampling → a process of observation and measurement of a clients language behaviors to determine a)wheter a clinical problem exists; b)the nature and extent of the problem, if it exists; and c)a couse ofaction to help the child and the family
conversations → monoluge
narrations → monoluge
later language acquision → descrived as a language delay, lanugage disorder, langugage guage impairment, or language problem.
expansions → parents often repeat and elaboraewhat the child says