5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 16. Explain adaptations a predator has to make it a good predator.
- 15. Explain the relationship between a predator and prey. Explain how the each population affects the other's population.
- 7. What can cause a population to increase? Decrease?
- 14. What are two major interactions between organisms in an ecosystem?
- 22. What are the two types of succession and how are they different?
- a -Predation
- b Running fast, claws, being nocturnal, stealth
- c Primary- he series of changes that occur in an area where no soil or organisms exist- takes 100's of years
Secondary- the series of changes that occur in an area where the ecosystem ha been disturbed, but where soil and organisms still exist- takes a couple years
- d I- birth rate and immigration can make a population increase, space
D- limiting factors, food shortages, emigration, and natural disasters can make a population decrease
- e Predator: wolf- helps control the population by eating the prey
Prey: deer- provides food for the predator
5 Multiple choice questions
- How many people live in one area
- P- a tick on a dog
C- a bird sitting on a deer
M- a bee pollinating a flower
- -An environmental factor that causes a population to stop growing or to decrease in size
-Natural disaster, space, food, water, weather conditions, population growth, disease
- Hiding in its shell, claws, being nocturnal, cunning
5 True/False questions
5. How is the ecosystem level different from the other levels? → The ecosystem is formed by the community and all the abiotic factors together
10. What is an adaptation? → The series of predictable changes that occur in a community over time
3. Give examples of abiotic and biotic factors. → Biotic- plants, animals, paper
Abiotic- sun, water, soil
13. Why can two species not occupy the same niche? → An organism role or job, determined by what an organism eats, how it eats, who it eats, how it reproduces, and physical conditions it requires to survive.
23. What is a pioneer species and how are they important to the steps of succession? → 1. Abandoned field
2. Tree growth begins
4. Climax community