5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- 21. What is succession?
- 10. What is an adaptation?
- 24. Identify the major steps of succession.
- 7. What can cause a population to increase? Decrease?
- 20. Give examples of each type of symbiosis.
- a 1. Abandoned field
2. Tree growth begins
4. Climax community
- b P- a tick on a dog
C- a bird sitting on a deer
M- a bee pollinating a flower
- c I- birth rate and immigration can make a population increase, space
D- limiting factors, food shortages, emigration, and natural disasters can make a population decrease
- d The series of predictable changes that occur in a community over time
- e Behaviors & physical characteristics that allow organisms to survive in their environment
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Hiding in its shell, claws, being nocturnal, cunning
- The first species to populate an area
- Biotic- plants, animals, paper
Abiotic- sun, water, soil
- The organisms with the traits best suited for the environment will have a greater survival rate and reproduce more that the ones without these traits
- Biotic- the parts of a habitat that are living, or were once living and interact with an organism
Abiotic- the nonliving parts of an organism's habitat
5 True/False Questions
16. Explain adaptations a predator has to make it a good predator. → Hiding in its shell, claws, being nocturnal, cunning
12. What is an organism's niche? → An organism role or job, determined by what an organism eats, how it eats, who it eats, how it reproduces, and physical conditions it requires to survive.
19. Name three types of symbiosis and explain how each organism is affected. → Commensalism- one is benefited one get nothing happened to it
Parasitism- on is harmed and the parasite is benefited
Mutualism- both organisms are benefited
18. What is symbiosis? → The series of predictable changes that occur in a community over time
13. Why can two species not occupy the same niche? → An organism role or job, determined by what an organism eats, how it eats, who it eats, how it reproduces, and physical conditions it requires to survive.