5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 22. What are the two types of succession and how are they different?
- 23. What is a pioneer species and how are they important to the steps of succession?
- 11. How does natural selection determine the adaptations of organisms in an ecosystem?
- 6. What is ecology?
- 4. What are the levels of organization in an ecosystem?
- a The study of how organisms interact with each other and with their environment
- b The organisms with the traits best suited for the environment will have a greater survival rate and reproduce more that the ones without these traits
- c The first species to populate an area
- d Primary- he series of changes that occur in an area where no soil or organisms exist- takes 100's of years
Secondary- the series of changes that occur in an area where the ecosystem ha been disturbed, but where soil and organisms still exist- takes a couple years
- e Organism-population-community-ecosystem
5 Multiple choice questions
- Hiding in its shell, claws, being nocturnal, cunning
- 1. Abandoned field
2. Tree growth begins
4. Climax community
- Biotic- the parts of a habitat that are living, or were once living and interact with an organism
Abiotic- the nonliving parts of an organism's habitat
- Predator: wolf- helps control the population by eating the prey
Prey: deer- provides food for the predator
5 True/False questions
21. What is succession? → The series of predictable changes that occur in a community over time
10. What is an adaptation? → Behaviors & physical characteristics that allow organisms to survive in their environment
8. What does population density measure? → The way that animals inter act with each other and live together and at least one benefits
1. What is a habitat and what should it provide an organism → A habitat is an environment that provides the things a specific organism needs to live grow and reproduce
It should provide food, water & shelter and anything else it needs to stay in its habitat
13. Why can two species not occupy the same niche? → Because it would cause competition, because you can't share a job with something