5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- 25. What events could lead to secondary succession?
- 17. Explain adaptations a prey has so it will not be eaten.
- 24. Identify the major steps of succession.
- 10. What is an adaptation?
- 11. How does natural selection determine the adaptations of organisms in an ecosystem?
- a Forest fires
- b Behaviors & physical characteristics that allow organisms to survive in their environment
- c 1. Abandoned field
2. Tree growth begins
4. Climax community
- d Hiding in its shell, claws, being nocturnal, cunning
- e The organisms with the traits best suited for the environment will have a greater survival rate and reproduce more that the ones without these traits
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The ecosystem is formed by the community and all the abiotic factors together
- Biotic- plants, animals, paper
Abiotic- sun, water, soil
- P- a tick on a dog
C- a bird sitting on a deer
M- a bee pollinating a flower
- The first species to populate an area
- Running fast, claws, being nocturnal, stealth
5 True/False Questions
2. What is the difference between biotic and abiotic factors in an ecosystem? → Biotic- the parts of a habitat that are living, or were once living and interact with an organism
Abiotic- the nonliving parts of an organism's habitat
14. What are two major interactions between organisms in an ecosystem? → Organism-population-community-ecosystem
1. What is a habitat and what should it provide an organism → -An environmental factor that causes a population to stop growing or to decrease in size
-Natural disaster, space, food, water, weather conditions, population growth, disease
22. What are the two types of succession and how are they different? → Organism-population-community-ecosystem
7. What can cause a population to increase? Decrease? → I- birth rate and immigration can make a population increase, space
D- limiting factors, food shortages, emigration, and natural disasters can make a population decrease