← Digestive Summary Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- The role of mucus in the stomach is to_____
- The role of the pancreas in digestion:
- Process of carbohydrate digestion and absorption via mouth:
- There are___molars
- Muscularis externa
- a ___protect the stomach lining from the low pH.
- b 12 (for forceful crushing and grinding)
- c Circular and longitudinal muscles located peripherally which facilitate the movement of food through the GI tract. There is an extra layer known as the oblique layer around the stomach.
- d Carbohydrates are mechanically digested by chewing and chemical digestion initiated by salivary amylase.
- e Secretion of enzymes that play a role in the digestion of lipids, carbohydrates, and, proteins.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Parotid, submandibular, sublingual
- Receives acidic chyme from stomach. receiving point for bile and pancreatic juices. Digests all food types. Brunner's glands are unique to duodenum.
- Long, organized villi. They maximize the surface area for maximum absorption of fatty acids, mono- and disaccharides, and amino acids.
- Primarily composed of acini, which secrete digestive enzymes. Endocrine regions called islets of Langerhans secrete glucagon and insulin.
- hormone made in duodenum. secretion is increased by protein-filled chyme, which stimulates bicarbonate production to buffer the acidity.
5 True/False Questions
Submucosa → Secretes, absorbs, protects (depending on part of GI tract)
Serosa → Secretes, absorbs, protects (depending on part of GI tract)
The role of the liver in digestion: → Secretion of enzymes that play a role in the digestion of lipids, carbohydrates, and, proteins.
Jejunum's primary role is___ → _absorption.
Gastric pits of stomach has 3 regions: → hormone made in the duodenum. slows gastric motility, the storage and use of glucose by cells (increased insulin production) and lipid synthesis.