← Literary Terms - 7 Test
6 Written Questions
6 Multiple Choice Questions
- the main character or hero of the story.
- the time and place in which the action of a literary work occurs.
- the graphic display of the action or events in a story.
- the series of conflicts or struggles that build a story toward a climax.
- giving hints and clues of what is to come later in a story.
- the high point, or turning point, in a story-usually the most intense point.
5 True/False Questions
Conflict → the problem or struggle in a story that triggers the action.
Opening Incident → event that introduces the central conflict
5 types of Conflict → Char. v. Char., Char. v. Nature., Char. v. Society, Char. God/Fate, Char. v. Self
Falling Action → the series of conflicts or struggles that build a story toward a climax.
Characterization → the portion of the story where the problem is solved.