Microsoft Access Vocabulary
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Primary Key
- Field Edit Mode
- Dialog Box Launcher
- Composite Key
- a A button in the bottom right corner of a group on a tab of the Ribbon, which when clicked opens a dialog box or task pane.
- b 2+ fields that collectively define the primary key by unique combinations of their values
- c A mode in which the insertion point displays in a selected field.
- d To produce a screen view of what a printed page will look like.
- e A field that uniquely identifies each record in a table.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A mode in which the entire field entry is highlighted in a selected field.
- An optional brief comment or explanation of a field. The field description appears in the status bar at the bottom of the window when its field is selected.
- The type of data that aparticular field is designed to hold. Common types = Text, Number, Date, Memo
- Characteristics of a field that determine how long an entry can be, how the entry will be formatted, whether there should be a default entry, and what can be entered (for ex. #'s only or valid dates only)
- To sort from the smallest to the largest (from A to Z and 0 to 9)
5 True/False Questions
Datasheet → The type of data that aparticular field is designed to hold. Common types = Text, Number, Date, Memo
Template → A predefined group of settings for creating a new database, uncluding what tables will be included, what fields will be used, and so on.
Descending → To sort from the largest to the smallest. (from Z to A or 9 to 0)
Table → A collection of database fields designed to be used together.
Database File → File the contains all objects of your database.