5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Prone (adj)
- Procrastinate (v)
- Crass (adj)
- Serene (adj)
- Contrive (V)
- a thoughtlessly vulgar and insensitive
Emily's crass behavior to the grieving mother made her unlike at the funeral.
- b inclined to do or be affected by something; lying face down
My cousins are prone to certain dieses because they have diabetes which weakens your immune system.
- c to formulate clever or decietful schemes
It is never a good idea to leave my cousin alone because she will contrive many plans on escaping.
- d without worry or stress
The serene child was envied by the older teenagers swamped by homework.
- e to postpone doing something, to put aside until later
I hate when i procrastinate on my homework because then i end up staying up late the night before its due.
5 Multiple choice questions
- threatening, or seeming to threaten, to cause harm or misfortune
The baleful weather made all the children run inside from recess.
- an appearance of a supposed ghost; appearance of something or someone unexpected
The elderly home hired a ghost whisper after some members saw an apparition.
- an upward vertical movement, an upward slope
We stareted the grueling 2 hour ascent up the mountain.
- a story in which people, things, etc. symbolize something else
- abrupt, blunt, or curt in manner or speech
I took a brusque walk through the jungle to avoid the poisonous snakes.
5 True/False questions
Intermittent (adj) → happening from time to time
The family has intermittent gathering to check up on everyone and see how their doing.
Sultry (adj) → oppresively hot and damp;suggesting passion and sensuality
The sultry weather of the Bahmas made the tourist never want to leave.
Redolent (adj) → sleepy; quiet and with little to no activity
The somnolent lake was a beautiful sight to the water skiers.
Tremulous (adj) → suggestive or reminiscent of something; with a particular scent
The basement was redolent of its past grey mice.
Harmonious (adj) → characterized by friendly agreement and accord
President Obama was pleased by the harmonious behavior of the senate.