5 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- local lords ruled the land but were bound to higher lords and the emperor by ties of loyalty.
- the tenno clan led the union, descendants from the sun goddess Amaterasu.
- did not want Japanese christians to show loyalty to a foreign ruler- the pope
- chief general of the army
- emperor -( no power) , shogun -samuri- peasant- artisans- craftsman- merchants
4 True/False Questions
Samurai → a set of written symbols that represent syllables.
missionaries and christians in the 1600's → the government began persecuting foreign missionaries and Japanese christians
Shoguns in 1639 → 1. closed Japan to the world,
2.- foreigners could not enter
3. Japanese who left could not return,
4.outlawed the building of ocean going vessels.
Kana → chief general of the army