5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Velvet Revolution
- Persian Gulf War
- Marshall Plan
- Cold War
- Truman Doctrine
- a A conflict between the US and the Soviet Union. The nations never directly confronted each other on the battlefield but deadly threats went on for years.
- b A peaceful protest by the Czech people that led to the smooth end of communism in Czechoslovakia.
- c a United States program of economic aid for the reconstruction of Europe in order to stop communism
- d (1991) War in which the US drove Iraqi forces out of Kuwait.
- e President Truman's policy of providing economic and military aid to any country threatened by communism or totalitarian ideology
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Communist leader of Cuba
- Failed invasion of Cuba planned by the US government
- US demanded soviets remove their newly installed nuclear missles from Cuba
- Islamist terrorist organization that launched a series of attacks against U.S.
- the policy designed to keep the Soviet Union from expanding its power
5 True/False Questions
ethnic cleansing → first elected president of Russia in 1991 after fall of the soviet union.
Berlin Airlift → the policy designed to keep the Soviet Union from expanding its power
Warsaw Pact → An alliance between the Soviet Union and other Eastern European nations. This was in response to the NATO
Hydrogen Bomb → One thousand more times more powerful than the atomic bomb. Truman ordered the development of it to outpace the Soviets.
Boris Yeltsin → first elected president of Russia in 1991 after fall of the soviet union.