5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Bay of Pigs
- Fidel Castro
- Mikhail Gorbachev
- ethnic cleansing
- a Head of the Soviet Union from 1985 to 1991. His lost power after his reforms led to the collapse of the Communist government in the Soviet Union
- b Gorbachev's plan to open up the Soviet Union to a market economy
- c genocide of a certain ethnic group
- d Communist leader of Cuba
- e Failed invasion of Cuba planned by the US government
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- (1991) War in which the US drove Iraqi forces out of Kuwait.
- Islamist terrorist organization that launched a series of attacks against U.S.
- US demanded soviets remove their newly installed nuclear missles from Cuba
- An alliance between the Soviet Union and other Eastern European nations. This was in response to the NATO
- A conflict between the US and the Soviet Union. The nations never directly confronted each other on the battlefield but deadly threats went on for years.
5 True/False Questions
NATO → the Soviet Union's plan to allow more political freedom during the 1980's
Sputnik → The world's first space satellite. This meant the Soviet Union had a missile powerful enough to reach the US.
detente → relaxation of tensions between the United States and its two major Communist rivals, the Soviet Union and China
Boris Yeltsin → first elected president of Russia in 1991 after fall of the soviet union.
Osama bin Laden → the policy designed to keep the Soviet Union from expanding its power