5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What did Japan do to Korea in 1905?
- Why were Chinese peasants angry?
- What was Colombia's response to this? How did the U.S. respond to Colombia's response?
- What was China's population by 1900?
- What did President Teddy Roosevelt do in 1903?
- a Japan sent advisors who took away power from the Korean gov't, disbanded Korea's army, and brought Korea under direct Japanese control by annexing it.
- b they dislikes the widespread of gov't officials and the concentration of land in the hands of wealth elites plagued china
- c 475 million people
- d 1. Colombia demanded more money. The US encouraged Panama to revolt against Colombia.
- e Offered Colombia, which opened panama, $ 10 million upfront and an annual payment for the right to build a canal in Panama.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Hong Xiuqum who was a school teacher
- Tokugawa opponents won due to the use of militia units trained by foreign experts and armed with imported weapons.
- G.B's navy, Germany's army and US's power of universal education
- Malaria, Yellow Fever, Bubonic Plague, and Extreme Heat
- The authority to raise troops, levy taxes, and run bureaucracies.
5 True/False Questions
What did the Roosevelt Corollary do? → It forced Russia to stay out of Korea and Manchuria.
How did China modernize during this movement? → She diverted funds intended for the navy to build a marble boat for private garden.
What did Panama give the U.S. in 1903? → 10 mile wide zone to build the canal
What led to a lot anti-American resentment in Cuba? → The US installed a military base
What led to the Sino-Japanese war? Who won? What effect did this have? → Russia and Japan argued over Japan's presence in Manchuria. Japan offered to recognize Russia's rights in Manchuria if Russia promised to stay out of Korea and Russia refused. Japan won.