5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What did Cuba do in 1868? Did this work?
- How many Chinese people were addicted by 1835?
- What were the Hundred Days Reforms? (7 main things)
- How did G.B. finally win the Opium War?
- What lands did the U.S. get as a result of the war?
- a The British attacked the Grad Canal by going up the Yangtze River which called Chinese gov't to surrender.
- b Emperor Gangxu launched a sweeping program to transform China into a constitutional monarchy, guarantee civil liberties, root out corruption, remodel the education system, encourage foreign influence in China, modernize the military, and stimulate economic reforms.
- c Puerto Rico, Guam, and the Philippines
- d 12 million Chinese people
- e Declared independence from Spain then fought a 10 year war and lost.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- 475 million people
- The US installed a military base
- US because the Spanish could not fight on two fronts.
- The American continents were closed for further European colonization.
- Granted US trading rights, opened ports, granted foreigners extraterritoriality and Japan lost all rights to place tariffs on goods.
5 True/False Questions
What was Colombia's response to this? How did the U.S. respond to Colombia's response? → 475 million people
What led to the Sino-Japanese war? Who won? What effect did this have? → Russia and Japan argued over Japan's presence in Manchuria. Japan offered to recognize Russia's rights in Manchuria if Russia promised to stay out of Korea and Russia refused. Japan won.
Who won the civil war in Japan? How did they do this? → US because the Spanish could not fight on two fronts.
What did President Teddy Roosevelt do in 1903? → Offered Colombia, which opened panama, $ 10 million upfront and an annual payment for the right to build a canal in Panama.
Who started the Taiping Rebellion? → Hong Xiuqum who was a school teacher