5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What did Panama give the U.S. in 1903?
- How far did one have to travel to get from the Atlantic to the Pacific via the tip of South America in the 1800s?
- Who won the Spanish-American war? Why did they win?
- What led to the Russo-Japanese war? Who won?
- Why were Chinese peasants angry?
- a Russia and Japan argued over Japan's presence in Manchuria. Japan offered to recognize Russia's rights in Manchuria if Russia promised to stay out of Korea and Russia refused. Japan won.
- b US because the Spanish could not fight on two fronts.
- c 10 mile wide zone to build the canal
- d they dislikes the widespread of gov't officials and the concentration of land in the hands of wealth elites plagued china
- e 13,000 miles
5 Multiple choice questions
- It was used as a pain killer and it came from poppy seeds.
- To understand industrialization which would improve Japan's military and Japan also wanted to be equal with foreign powers.
- The US installed a military base
- led to large numbers of samurai flocking to the old capital of kyoto where they rallied around the slogan "revere the emperor, expel the barbarians."
5 True/False questions
How did China modernize during this movement? → She diverted funds intended for the navy to build a marble boat for private garden.
What did the Japanese gov't copy from the U.S. and Europe? → G.B's navy, Germany's army and US's power of universal education
What did the Monroe Doctrine state? → He returned and launched a second war for Cuban independence.
What was Colombia's response to this? How did the U.S. respond to Colombia's response? → 1. Colombia demanded more money. The US encouraged Panama to revolt against Colombia.
How many Chinese people were addicted by 1835? → 90 ports