Psychology CP Bryant`
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Dependent variable
- Sigmund Freud
- a a statement of the results that the experimenter expects
- b the process of learning something behind one perfect recitation
- c factors that change in an experiment
- d the factor in a study that changes or varies as a result of changes in the independent variable.
- e Most well known and most controversial.
Austrian physician that developed one of the 1st comprehensive theories of personality.
Psychoanalytical or Psychodynamic Theory based on unconscious conflicts within the individual- We are influenced by things we aren't aware of (childhood).
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Called the father of Psychology because he started the first laboratory for studying humans in 1879.
Wundt moved psychology from philosophy into the world of science
- if you read something that is dull try to associate it with something important in your life. 21st amendment was about alcohol - prohibition
- theory of mental life and behavior that is concerned with how an organism uses its perceptual abilities to function in its environment.
- A deeper level of awareness. It contains thoughts and desires about which we have no true or direct knowledge.
- studying people face-to-face and asking ?'s
5 True/False Questions
Control → a concept requiring a belief in something that cannot be seen or touched but that seems to exist.
Recall → ability to bring back and integrate many specific learned details. (fill-in the blank test)
Carl Rogers → humanist that believed that every human had the potential to become great in his/her own way, w/ a little guidance
Charles Darwin → His theories inspired scientists to study animals in attempt to understand humans better
REM (Rapid Eye Movement) Sleep → recurring sleep stage
muscles are generally
relaxed, but other
body systems are