5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- V-E Day
- Munich Pact
- Battle of Okinawa
- Japanese Americans
- Dropping of Bombs
- a U.S. destroyed Japanese cities and their air force and army
- b put in internment camps
- c Great Britain thought they could avoid war with Hitler if they gave him whatever he wanted.
Leaders agreed to give Germany Sudetenland if he promised not to expand any more.
He disobeyed pact and seized the rest of Czechoslovakia
- d 1st bomb- August 6, 1945 on city of Hiroshima
2nd bomb- august 9 on city of Nagasaki
- e "Victory in Europe" May 7
5 Multiple choice questions
- Italy, Germany, and later Japan
- Germany-Hitler & Italy-Mussolini
- promised to not to attack each other & split Poland
- allowed U.S. to sell, lend, or lease war supplies to Allies
- U.S. strategy to get closer to the Philippines and then Japan
the idea of capturing certain islands and using them to leapfrog closer and closer to Japan
5 True/False questions
War Ends → August 15, 1945 V-J Day "Victory over Japan"
40 million+ people died
blitzkrieg → German's offensive, "lightning war"
1. bombardment (aerial or naval)
2. shocktroopers (tanks)
4. secure gains
Fascism → Great Britain, France, and later America
Pearl Harbor → December 7, 1941 Japanese attacked military base, Pearl Harbor, in Hawaii
America declared war on Japan
Maginot Line → women got jobs in factories, African Americans served in armies, Navajo came up with secret radio talk, Hispanic Americans served in army