← World War II Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Potsdam Declaration
- a German's offensive, "lightning war"
1. bombardment (aerial or naval)
2. shocktroopers (tanks)
4. secure gains
- b the Allies' ultimatum to Japan warning if they didn't surrender there would be "total destruction"
They remained quiet and didn't respond
- c wiping out an entire group of people
- d extreme nationalism and racism
Mussolini came up with it and Hitler adapted it
- e a single party and its leader control all aspects of people's lives
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- string of steel and concrete bunkers along German border from Belgium to Switzerland
- promised to not to attack each other & split Poland
- factories switch to making war supplies & rationed goods
- fascism spreading, Germans got to practice blitzkrieg
- women got jobs in factories, African Americans served in armies, Navajo came up with secret radio talk, Hispanic Americans served in army
5 True/False Questions
Hitler's Background → rejected from art school and was put in jail where he wrote Mein Kempf, My Struggle
Manhattan Project → Great Britain thought they could avoid war with Hitler if they gave him whatever he wanted.
Leaders agreed to give Germany Sudetenland if he promised not to expand any more.
He disobeyed pact and seized the rest of Czechoslovakia
Lend-Lease Act → allowed U.S. to sell, lend, or lease war supplies to Allies
Japanese Americans → put in internment camps
FDR dies → on vacation and died April 12,1945