5 Written Questions
4 Matching Questions
- ball and socket
- a Healing of avascular tissues is rapid. (True or False)
- b When epiphysial fusion occurs and the epiphysial plate disappears it is called _____.
- c Ligaments located on the medial and lateral sides of hinge joints are generally known as ______ ligaments.
- d Multi axial joints are called _______________ joints.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A thin layer of hyaline cartilage lining the bony surface is a _____ cartilaginous joint or 'symphyses'.
- Microbial infection of the synovial acvity can cause _____ _____.
- A loose body in the synovial cavity can cause ______ of the joint.
- Two areas of bones bridged by hyaline cartilage are _____ cartilaginous joints.
- As growth occurs, the area that the fibrous capsule attaches to the periosteum migrates either d_____ or ______.
5 True/False Questions
Fibrous capsule → Enclosing the synovial joint and attached to the periosteum at the epiphysial plate (during growth) is the ______ ______.
Disc → A _____ completely subdivides a synovial cavity.
Bursae → The condition 'student's elbow' is caused by inflammation of the _______.
Synovial cavity → The space within the interior of the joint is called the _____ _____.
Subluxation → A partial dislocation is know as _____.