6 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- Freud; problems can be found in your unconsciousness
- treatments that use classical conditioning principles to change behavior
- usually in a theraputic enviroment, the giving tokensfor good behavior that have no intrinsic value but with a many of them can trade in for somrthing more valuable
- reward or punishment, consequence that increases the probability a behavior will occur.
- a therapist attitude that conveys a caring for, and acceptance of, the client as a valued person
5 True/False questions
free association → in psychoanalysis, a method of exploring the unconscious in which the person relaxes and says whatever comes to mind, no matter how trivial or embarrassing.
Extinction → the diminishing of a conditioned response; occurs in classical conditioning when an unconditioned stimulus (US) does not follow a conditioned stimulus (CS); occurs in operant conditioning when a response is no longer reinforced.
Psychoanalysis → a method of psychotherapy that seeks to help clients gain insight by recognizing, understanding, and dealing with unconcious thoughts and emotions
behavior modification → treatments that use classical conditioning principles to change behavior
time out → the imitation of behavior through observational learning