5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 3 main parts of brain
- sodium or sodium/potassium pump
- phenyl ethyl amines
- a aka association neurons, connecting neurons. found withing cns. make connections, form connections between sensory messages and motor messages
- b neurotransmitter. released in love, chocolate, carbs.
- c Cerebrum, stem, cerebellum
- d secrete myelin sheath if neuron is in cns
- e repolarize, active transport
5 Multiple choice questions
- swap of charge. outside Na+, inside k+ cl- so4-2 po4-3. active potential, depolarization
- stimulate excess dopamine release, blocks dopamine reuptake
- insulator. secreted by 2 diff types of cells, depending on where neuron is located (schwann's and oligodendrocytes)
- neurons fire when skeletal muscle contracts and bulges.
- new antidepressants. selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors. block reuptake of serotonin back into presynaptic knob.
5 True/False questions
cocaine → contributes to balanced skeletal muscle movement. deficient in schizophrenia and parkinsons. feel good
Parts of nervous system → Cns, pns, ans
efferent → carry towards cell body
schwann cells → secrete myelin sheath if neuron is in pns, also secrete another layer on top of myelin called neurilemma
motor neurons → cns to body. efferent.