5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- maoi drugs
- limbic center
- a brain's pleasure center
- b old antidepressants. inhibited release of enzyme to break down monoamine neurotransmitters.
- c contributes to balanced skeletal muscle movement. deficient in schizophrenia and parkinsons. feel good
- d unequal distribution of opposite charges inside and out of neuron. resting potential
- e autonomic nervous system, some cranial and some spinal nerves belong, maintains homeostasis
5 Multiple choice questions
- blocks reuptake of dopamine
- neurons fire when skeletal muscle contracts and bulges.
- lowers threshold stimulus level required to make many body neurons fire. blocks postsynaptic receptor sites on neurons that cause sedation
- carry towards cell body
- 2 or more neurons come together to send their message to another neuron (frequently in pns)
5 True/False questions
serotonin → feel good. linked to depression
impulse → Peripheral nervous system. Nerves branching off brain (12) and spinal cord (31)
sensory neurons → cns to body. efferent.
synapse → swap of charge. outside Na+, inside k+ cl- so4-2 po4-3. active potential, depolarization
refractory period → body into cns. afferent.