5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- sodium or sodium/potassium pump
- a activates receptors on postsynaptic neuron dendrite (cannabinoid receptors) makes more receptive to dopamine.
- b allows axon to repair itself, secreted by schwann cells, pns cells only
- c repolarize, active transport
- d contributes to balanced skeletal muscle movement. deficient in schizophrenia and parkinsons. feel good
- e space between neurons
5 Multiple choice questions
- myelin sheath broken down. loss of control of motor movement
- branching off spinal cord, 31 pairs, send messages back and forth between body and brain
- old antidepressants. inhibited release of enzyme to break down monoamine neurotransmitters.
- Central nervous system, brain and spinal cord
- threshold level stimulus is raised, presynaptic neuron becomes more reluctant to release normal dopamine levels, brain permanently altered
5 True/False questions
stretch receptors → neurons fire when skeletal muscle contracts and bulges.
synaptic knobs → space between neurons
schwann cells → secrete myelin sheath if neuron is in pns, also secrete another layer on top of myelin called neurilemma
afferent → carry towards cell body
types of neurons → motor, sensory, interneurons