5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- refractory period
- limbic center
- Parts of nervous system
- a neurotransmitter. secrete eating, sex, exercise.
- b serotonin release. damages brain neurons that release serotonin
- c rest after repolarized, .0005-.002 sec
- d brain's pleasure center
- e Cns, pns, ans
5 Multiple choice questions
- branching off spinal cord, 31 pairs, send messages back and forth between body and brain
- new antidepressants. selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors. block reuptake of serotonin back into presynaptic knob.
- aka association neurons, connecting neurons. found withing cns. make connections, form connections between sensory messages and motor messages
- branching off brain,12 pairs, control many bodily functions
- body into cns. afferent.
5 True/False questions
oligodendrocytes → secrete myelin sheath if neuron is in cns
synapse → space between neurons
neurons repair? → pns yes. cns no
synaptic knobs → swellings at ends of axons
addiction → threshold level stimulus is raised, presynaptic neuron becomes more reluctant to release normal dopamine levels, brain permanently altered