5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- nodes of ranvier
- limbic center
- phenyl ethyl amines
- Parts of nervous system
- a unequal distribution of opposite charges inside and out of neuron. resting potential
- b axon indents, allow message to jump along axon and travel faster
- c Cns, pns, ans
- d brain's pleasure center
- e neurotransmitter. released in love, chocolate, carbs.
5 Multiple choice questions
- swellings at ends of axons
- Central nervous system, brain and spinal cord
- branching off brain,12 pairs, control many bodily functions
- aware of body position. uses stretch receptors and sensory neurons in ear
- new antidepressants. selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors. block reuptake of serotonin back into presynaptic knob.
5 True/False questions
Lobes of cerebrum → motor, sensory, interneurons
cocaine → contributes to balanced skeletal muscle movement. deficient in schizophrenia and parkinsons. feel good
convergence → 2 or more neurons come together to send their message to another neuron (frequently in pns)
all or none law → cns to body. efferent.
monoamines → contributes to balanced skeletal muscle movement. deficient in schizophrenia and parkinsons. feel good