5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- nodes of ranvier
- synaptic knobs
- motor neurons
- a aka association neurons, connecting neurons. found withing cns. make connections, form connections between sensory messages and motor messages
- b swellings at ends of axons
- c axon indents, allow message to jump along axon and travel faster
- d cns to body. efferent.
- e serotonin release. damages brain neurons that release serotonin
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- unequal distribution of opposite charges inside and out of neuron. resting potential
- neurotransmitter. stimulate skeletal muscles, salivary glands. cholinesterase
- Frontal, parietal, occipital, temporal
- blocks reuptake of dopamine
- motor, sensory, interneurons
5 True/False Questions
sensory neurons → body into cns. afferent.
Cns → Peripheral nervous system. Nerves branching off brain (12) and spinal cord (31)
caffeine → lowers threshold stimulus level required to make many body neurons fire. blocks postsynaptic receptor sites on neurons that cause sedation
ocd → Central nervous system, brain and spinal cord
ssri drugs → old antidepressants. inhibited release of enzyme to break down monoamine neurotransmitters.