5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Asteroid Belt
- Solar System
- Gas giant
- a The third planet from the Sun, known as the water planet.
- b They do not have rocky surfaces like the terrestrial planets. Any of the four planets that are made of gas. These are Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune.
- c Small, solid objects that orbit the Sun. Most of the asteroids in the solar system are located between Mars and Jupiter.
- d Beyond the orbit of Mars there are millions of chunks of rock and iron called asteroids.
- e The planet Earth, the Moon, the Sun, and seven other planets and their satellites, and smaller objects, such as asteroids and comets.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The galaxy in which the solar system resides.
- An object, natural or artificial, that orbits a larger object. Moons are satellites.
- The force of attraction between two objects.
- Earth's natural satellite.
- A gas that makes up 72% of the Sun.
5 True/False Questions
gravity → The force of attraction between two objects.
planet → A hole formed by an object impacting a surface.
star → A huge gas sphere that radiates light. The sun is a star.
Comets → A large body orbiting a star. A celestial body.
Orbit → The force of attraction between two objects.