← PR AP Euro Ch. 7 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Top 3 HRsance artists
- HRE in Northern Italy
- Signifigance of italian patrons?
- John Wycliffe
- a Part of Middle age movement to reform the church
Question monetary dealings of church/transubstantiation
Translated bible to English, urged people to read it by themselves.
- b Da Vinci, Michelangelo, and Raphael
- c NRsance man
Woodcuts inspired people
- d They sponsored the art.
- e Controlled north italy in Medieval time, but people did their own thing
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Program of study of literature and rhetoric for students of the classical world
- Foundation of Jesuit life
Said the spirit, and its union with the church was the most important thing.
- Italy city states
- Made a program for educating women.
Left out rhetoric, as it was not applicable to women
- 16 century painter/architect
Used the word "rebirth" to describe era
5 True/False Questions
Why did art change in Renaissance? → Artists became important individuals
Competition for the money of wealthy people
Sir Thomas More → Secular art form found in Renaissance
Radical Reformation → Ended Papal superiority
Created a split in Western Christianity
Anti- trinitarians → Denied validity of the trinity
(persecuted by catholics and lutherans)
Did Renaissance artists need the middle ages? → Da Vinci, Michelangelo, and Raphael