5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Dmitri Mendeleev
- Boer War
- Chapter 27, Section1
- Joseph Lister
- a ...
- b Russian chemist who developed a periodic table of the chemical elements and predicted the discovery of several new elements (1834-1907)
- c A conflict, lasting from 1899 to 1902, in which the Boers and the British fought for control of territory in South Africa.
- d prejudice against Jews
- e English surgeon who was the first to use antiseptics (1827-1912)
5 Multiple choice questions
- 1867-1934. Polish physicist and chemist. Pioneer in the field of radioactivity, and is the first and only person awarded the Nobel Prize in two different sciences.
- United States, Britain, Canada and Austrailia.
- The seizure of a country or territory by a stronger country
- allowed irish catholics to vote and to sit in parliament
5 True/False questions
radioactivity → self-governing nation that accepts the British monarch as head of state
The Great Famine → This event decimated the Irish population between 1845 and 1851. It was a result of blight due to fungus that struck the potato crop in Ireland during the summer of 1845.
Alexander Graham Bell → invented the telephone
Queen Victoria → English surgeon who was the first to use antiseptics (1827-1912)
home rule → Dutch settlers in South Africa. "Boers" is the Dutch word for Farmers.