5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Why did the Europeans control such a small portion of Africa in the 1800's?
- Berlin Conference
- What was unusual about the first European settlers in Australia?
- a A meeting from 1884-1885 at which representatives of European nations agreed on rules colonization of Africa
- b prejudice against Jews
- c Because powerful African armies prevented them from taking over more of Africa.
- d native people of Australia
- e They were convicted criminals sent to a penal colony.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- famous French scientist who invented pasteurization and formulated the germ concept of disease
- Incident in France where a Jewish captain was tried for treason because they military was anti-Semitic, and it divided the country
- A colony to which convicts are sent as an alternative to prison.
- 1) Europeans technical superiority. Superior arms and the steam engine.
2) Variety of languages and cultures of Africans discouraged unity among them.
3) Wars faught among ethnic groups.
5 True/False Questions
Shaka → A Zulu chief in Southern Africa who used soldiers and good military organization to create a large centralized state.
Chapter 26, Section1 → ...
suffrage → the right to vote
Charles Darwin → a scientific theory of natural selection and the survival of the fittest as applied to society and used to justify imperialism and racism
Chapter 27, Section1 → ...