5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Henry Ford
- Joseph Lister
- Marie Curie
- a self-governing nation that accepts the British monarch as head of state
- b group dedicated to draw attention to the cause of women's suffrage; advocated using violence if necessary
- c 1867-1934. Polish physicist and chemist. Pioneer in the field of radioactivity, and is the first and only person awarded the Nobel Prize in two different sciences.
- d 1863-1947. American businessman, founder of Ford Motor Company, father of modern assembly lines, and inventor credited with 161 patents.
- e English surgeon who was the first to use antiseptics (1827-1912)
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A colony to which convicts are sent as an alternative to prison.
- famous French scientist who invented pasteurization and formulated the germ concept of disease
- Inventor of lightbulb, phonograph and numerous other innovations
- A member of a Polynesian group that settled New Zealand about 800 C.E.
- Belief that one racial group is superior to another
5 True/False Questions
Sigmund Freud → the right to vote
theory of evolution → 1863-1947. American businessman, founder of Ford Motor Company, father of modern assembly lines, and inventor credited with 161 patents.
John Dalton → local control over internal matters only
Durham report → local control over internal matters only
mass culture → the production of works of art and entertainment designed to appeal to a large audience