5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Queen Victoria
- The Great Famine
- mass culture
- Chapter 26, Section4
- Gregor Mendel
- a father of modern genetics
- b the production of works of art and entertainment designed to appeal to a large audience
- c ...
- d This event decimated the Irish population between 1845 and 1851. It was a result of blight due to fungus that struck the potato crop in Ireland during the summer of 1845.
- e Reigned from 1837-1901 and was the longest in English history. Her sense of duty, values, and moral respectability reflected the attitudes of her age, which has ever been known as the Victorian age.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a scientific theory of natural selection and the survival of the fittest as applied to society and used to justify imperialism and racism
- scientific study of behavior and mental processes
- A meeting from 1884-1885 at which representatives of European nations agreed on rules colonization of Africa
- Incident in France where a Jewish captain was tried for treason because they military was anti-Semitic, and it divided the country
5 True/False Questions
Louis Pasteur → English surgeon who was the first to use antiseptics (1827-1912)
suffrage → A Zulu chief in Southern Africa who used soldiers and good military organization to create a large centralized state.
Why did the Boers and British fight over southern Africa? → They clashed over land and resources.
Maori → A member of a Polynesian group that settled New Zealand about 800 C.E.
anti-Semitism → The seizure of a country or territory by a stronger country