5 Written questions
4 Matching questions
- Social Darwinism
- Chapter 27, Section1
- a A worldwide movement, originating in the 19th century that sought to establish and develop a Jewish nation in Palestine. Since 1948, its function has been to support the state of Israel.
- b ...
- c the release of energy and matter due to a change in the nucleus of an atom. Marie Curie originated the name
- d a scientific theory of natural selection and the survival of the fittest as applied to society and used to justify imperialism and racism
5 Multiple choice questions
- scientific study of behavior and mental processes
- In 1839, Lord Durham sent a report to Parliament that urged two major reforms. First, Upper and Lower Canada should be reunited as the Province of Canada, and British immigration should be encouraged. In this way, the French would slowly become part of the dominant English culture. Second, colonists in the provinces of Canada should be allowed to govern themselves in domestic matters.
- native people of Australia
- They clashed over land and resources.
- 1863-1947. American businessman, founder of Ford Motor Company, father of modern assembly lines, and inventor credited with 161 patents.
5 True/False questions
anti-Semitism → prejudice against Jews
Sigmund Freud → Austrian neurologist who originated psychoanalysis (1856-1939)
Gregor Mendel → father of modern genetics
Queen Victoria → 1863-1947. American businessman, founder of Ford Motor Company, father of modern assembly lines, and inventor credited with 161 patents.
Maori → A member of a Polynesian group that settled New Zealand about 800 C.E.