5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Dreyfus affair
- Why did the Boers and British fight over southern Africa?
- Gregor Mendel
- Berlin Conference
- What was unusual about the first European settlers in Australia?
- a A meeting from 1884-1885 at which representatives of European nations agreed on rules colonization of Africa
- b Incident in France where a Jewish captain was tried for treason because they military was anti-Semitic, and it divided the country
- c They were convicted criminals sent to a penal colony.
- d father of modern genetics
- e They clashed over land and resources.
5 Multiple choice questions
- English chemist who developed the Atomic theory of matter through an experiment of gases. His theory states: A) All elements are composed of atoms and atoms can't be divided or destroyed. B) Atoms of the same element are exactly alike. C) Atoms of different elements are different from each other. D) The atoms of 2 or more elements can join together to form types of matter called compounds. (pg. 54)
- An unofficial nationalist military force seeking independence for Ireland from Great Britain
- invented the telephone
- Russian chemist who developed a periodic table of the chemical elements and predicted the discovery of several new elements (1834-1907)
5 True/False questions
Social Darwinism → a scientific theory of natural selection and the survival of the fittest as applied to society and used to justify imperialism and racism
Third Republic → the republic that was established in France after the downfall of Napoleon III and ended with the German occupation of France during world war II
radioactivity → the release of energy and matter due to a change in the nucleus of an atom. Marie Curie originated the name
penal colony → scientific study of behavior and mental processes
WSPU → group dedicated to draw attention to the cause of women's suffrage; advocated using violence if necessary