5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Boer War
- Guglielmo Marconi
- theory of evolution
- a A worldwide movement, originating in the 19th century that sought to establish and develop a Jewish nation in Palestine. Since 1948, its function has been to support the state of Israel.
- b Belief that one racial group is superior to another
- c A conflict, lasting from 1899 to 1902, in which the Boers and the British fought for control of territory in South Africa.
- d Italian electrical engineer known as the father of radio (1874-1937)
- e the idea, proposed by Charles Darwin in 1859, that species of plants and animals arise by means of a process of natural selection.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- famous French scientist who invented pasteurization and formulated the germ concept of disease
- the release of energy and matter due to a change in the nucleus of an atom. Marie Curie originated the name
- self-governing nation that accepts the British monarch as head of state
- gave representation in parliament to growing towns, eliminated "rotten boroughs", suffrage to men who owned property
- invented the telephone
5 True/False Questions
Joseph Lister → famous French scientist who invented pasteurization and formulated the germ concept of disease
What was unusual about the first European settlers in Australia? → They were convicted criminals sent to a penal colony.
suffrage → A Zulu chief in Southern Africa who used soldiers and good military organization to create a large centralized state.
Maori → A member of a Polynesian group that settled New Zealand about 800 C.E.
assembly line → the production of works of art and entertainment designed to appeal to a large audience