5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- mass culture
- Chapter 26, Section4
- Why did the Europeans control such a small portion of Africa in the 1800's?
- Catholic Emancipation act
- a allowed irish catholics to vote and to sit in parliament
- b Because powerful African armies prevented them from taking over more of Africa.
- c the production of works of art and entertainment designed to appeal to a large audience
- d A Zulu chief in Southern Africa who used soldiers and good military organization to create a large centralized state.
- e ...
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Russian chemist who developed a periodic table of the chemical elements and predicted the discovery of several new elements (1834-1907)
- local control over internal matters only
- Italian electrical engineer known as the father of radio (1874-1937)
- native people of Australia
- 1) Europeans technical superiority. Superior arms and the steam engine.
2) Variety of languages and cultures of Africans discouraged unity among them.
3) Wars faught among ethnic groups.
5 True/False Questions
Queen Victoria → English surgeon who was the first to use antiseptics (1827-1912)
Chapter 26, Section1 → ...
John Dalton → self-governing nation that accepts the British monarch as head of state
suffrage → A Zulu chief in Southern Africa who used soldiers and good military organization to create a large centralized state.
What was unusual about the first European settlers in Australia? → They clashed over land and resources.