5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Joseph Lister
- Alexander Graham Bell
- Irish Republican Army
- Charles Darwin
- a English surgeon who was the first to use antiseptics (1827-1912)
- b English natural scientist who formulated a theory of evolution by natural selection
- c scientific study of behavior and mental processes
- d An unofficial nationalist military force seeking independence for Ireland from Great Britain
- e invented the telephone
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Incident in France where a Jewish captain was tried for treason because they military was anti-Semitic, and it divided the country
- A meeting from 1884-1885 at which representatives of European nations agreed on rules colonization of Africa
- gave representation in parliament to growing towns, eliminated "rotten boroughs", suffrage to men who owned property
- self-governing nation that accepts the British monarch as head of state
5 True/False Questions
Chartist Movement → Unsuccessful attempt by British artisans and workers to gain the vote during the 1840s.
Boers → A conflict, lasting from 1899 to 1902, in which the Boers and the British fought for control of territory in South Africa.
radioactivity → the release of energy and matter due to a change in the nucleus of an atom. Marie Curie originated the name
What were some of the internal factors that contributed to imperialism in Africa? → 1) Europeans technical superiority. Superior arms and the steam engine.
2) Variety of languages and cultures of Africans discouraged unity among them.
3) Wars faught among ethnic groups.
Gregor Mendel → father of modern genetics