← types of therapy Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Humanistic Theories
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing
- Group Therapy
- Brain stimulation
- a Electro-compulsive therapy (ECT) - delivered to depressed patients who don't respond to drugs
- b Focus on the present and future: how do you feel now?
Taking responsibility for feelings and actions
- c *in EMDR therapy, the therapist attempts to unlock and reprocess previous frozen traumatic memories by waving a finger in front of the eyes of a client
*EMDR has not held up under scientific testing
- d Emotionally charged confiding interaction between a trained therapist and someone who suffers psychological difficulties
- e 6 to 9 people
Help more than one person at a time
Helps by showing that other people have similar problems
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Combines different psychotherapy techniques to suit the client.
- Xanax and Ativan
Works By: depressing the central nervous system
neurotransmitter involved: elevate the levels of gamma-amnimutyric acis (GABA) neurotransmitter.
- Hope for demoralized people
A new perspective
Empathetic, trusting and caring relationship
- Treats family as a system. Therapy guides family members toward positive relationships and improved communication
- Unconditional positive regard- therapist supports you no matter what
Gestalt Therapy (Empty chair dialogue)
5 True/False Questions
Drug Therapies → Psychopharmacology is the study of drug effect
with the advent of drugs, hospitalization in mental institutions has rapidly decreased
Flooding → a behavioral therapy technique in which the patient is saturated with a fear provoking stimulus until the anxiety is extinguished.
Anti-depressants → prozac, Zoloft (selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitors [SSRI])
neurotransmitter involved: improve mood by increasing levels of serotonin by preventing their re-uptake
Atypical antipsychotic drugs → (clozapine (corazil)) removes negative symptoms.
can cause blood disease
Psychoanalytic Methods → Catharsis
Insight or Understanding