← WilsonSpaceScience Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Absolute Magnitude
- Big Bang Theory
- Apparent Magnitude
- Spiral galaxy
- a a galaxy with curved arms that extend from a bulge in the center
- b theory that suggests the Universe began from a single, enormous explosion about 14 billion years ago and the Universe is still expanding
- c A small copy or imitation of an existing object.
- d A measurement of the actual brightness of the star.
- e A measurement of the brightness of the star as it appears from Earth.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the flash of light in the sky, popularly known as falling star or shooting star is caused by particles of dust
- the increasing of the moon's visible illuminated surface, from new moon to full moon.
- waves such as radio, gamma ray, and X-rays waves transfer energy from place to place.
- is the star at the center of the solar system. It is about 4.7 billion years old.
- a celestial body made of dust, ice and gas and orbits around the sun
5 True/False Questions
Tides → A small copy or imitation of an existing object.
Nuclear fusion → Reactions that occur within a star when hydrogen atoms combine to form helium atoms
Black Hole → is the mixture of gasses that surrounds the Earth, prevented from escaping by the pull of the Earth's gravity.
Elliptical galaxy → a galaxy with curved arms that extend from a bulge in the center
Red Shift → is the rise and fall of sea level due to the gravitational forces of the moon and the sThe rise in the water level is called as high tide and the fall is called as low or ebb tide.