5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a 1. a coupling device which allows an attached object to turn freely. 2. such a device made of two parts which turn independently, such as a compound link of a chain. 3. a pivot on which is mounted a gun that may be swung from side to side in a horizontal plane.
- b 1. Biology . the living together of two dissimilar organisms, often to their mutual benefit.
2. any interdependent or mutually beneficial relationship between two persons, groups, etc.,
- c 1. the study of the evidences of design or purpose in nature. 2. the belief that purpose and design are a part of or are apparent in nature
- d 1. the process of combining objects or ideas into a complex whole. 2. the combination or whole produced by such a process.
- e a threadlike, leafless organ of climbing plants, often growing in spiral form, which attaches itself to or twines round some other body, so as to support the plant.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- 1. capable of being touched; having real substance. 2. real or actual, rather than imaginary or visionary. 3. having a physical existence.
- occurring at the same time; coinciding in time; contemporaneous; simultaneous.
- 1. characteristic of or behaving in the manner of a swashbuckler (a swaggering swordsman, soldier, or adventurer; daredevil.). 2. the activities, deeds, or adventures of a swashbuckler.
- 1. a Jewish house of worship, often having facilities for religious instruction.
2. an assembly or congregation of Jews for the purpose of religious worship.
- 1. to form (a material or abstract entity) by combining parts or elements.
2. Chemistry . to combine (constituent elements) into a single or unified entity.
5 True/False Questions
synthetic → 1. (of a substance or material) made artificially by chemical reaction. 2. not genuine; insincere.
sumptuous → 1. of or relating to a tempest (a violent windstorm, commotion, etc.,). 2. violent or stormy.
tangential → 1. of, relating to, or employing tactics.
2. (of weapons, attacks, etc) used in or supporting limited military operations.
3. skilful or diplomatic.
surrogate → 1. a strong rush or sweep; sudden increase.
2. the rolling swell of the sea, esp after the passage of a large wave
3. a heavy rolling motion or sound.
4. a swelling cloud or volume.
5. a sudden rush or burst of electricity or voltage.
swarthy → dark-complexioned