5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a 1. a Jewish house of worship, often having facilities for religious instruction.
2. an assembly or congregation of Jews for the purpose of religious worship.
- b 1. of, being, relating to, or in the direction of a tangent (touching at a single point).
2. merely touching; slightly connected.
3. divergent or digressive, as from a subject under consideration.
syn. divergent, extraneous
- c 1. Biology . the living together of two dissimilar organisms, often to their mutual benefit.
2. any interdependent or mutually beneficial relationship between two persons, groups, etc.,
- d occurring at the same time; coinciding in time; contemporaneous; simultaneous.
- e 1. several or various; miscellaneous
2. all and sundry - all the various people, individually and collectively
5 Multiple choice questions
- 1. a person appointed to act for another; deputy.
2. (in some states) a judicial officer having jurisdiction over the probate of wills, the administration of estates, etc.
3. the deputy of an ecclesiastical judge, especially of a bishop or a bishop's chancellor.
4. a substitute.
- dark; gloomy; obscure.
- 1. of, pertaining to, endowed with, or affecting the sense of touch.
ex. tactile learning : leaRNING BY TOUCH OR EXPERIANCE
- 1. a stone or other small object, usually inscribed or carved, believed to protect the wearer from evil influences. 2. anything thought to have magical or protective powers.
- One who makes a humble request to (someone); plead
5 True/False questions
tauten → to make or become tense
synthesis → 1. the process of combining objects or ideas into a complex whole. 2. the combination or whole produced by such a process.
teleological → 1. of, relating to, or employing tactics.
2. (of weapons, attacks, etc) used in or supporting limited military operations.
3. skilful or diplomatic.
sumptuous → 1. expensive or extravagant
2. magnificent; splendid
tenable → capable of being upheld, believed, maintained, or defended.
Synonyms - workable, viable, warrantable.