5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- SOAP stands for:
- Who developed ICD:
- What year Blue Shield started:
- International Classification of Diseases (ICD):
- a a classification system used to collect data for statistical purposes
- b 1939
- c prior approval
- d S-Subjective
- e World Health Organization (WHO) in 1948
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- by American Medical Association in 1966
- contracted network of healthcare providers that provide care to subscribers for a discounted fee.
- 1860 by The Franklin Health Assurance Company of Massachusetts was the first commercial insurance company in the US to provide private healthcare coverage for injuries not resulting in death.
- provides benefits to subscribers who are required to receive services from network providers
5 True/False Questions
COBRA in 1985: → The Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act allows employees to continue healthcare coverage beyond the benefit termination date.
Fee-for-service: → the percentage the patient pays for covered services after the deductible has been met & the copayment has been paid
Gatekeeper: → providing essential healthcare services at the lowest possible cost, avoiding nonessential care, and referring patients to specialists.
Major medical: → provider accepts preestablished payments for providing healthcare services to enrollness over a period of time (usually one year)
1984 Standardization of information submitted on Medicare claims: → HCFA (now called CMS) required providers to use the HCFA-1500 (now called the CMS-1500) to submit Medicare claims