← Health Insurance Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- First Health Insurance Policy in
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration Act (OSHA):
- Group Health Insurance
- Pre-admission review:
- a review for medical necessity of inpatient care prior to admission
- b group health insurance was offered to full-time employees
- c 1860 by The Franklin Health Assurance Company of Massachusetts was the first commercial insurance company in the US to provide private healthcare coverage for injuries not resulting in death.
- d the percentage the patient pays for covered services after the deductible has been met & the copayment has been paid
- e 1970
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- 1908 - workmen compensation
- method of controlled healthcare cost & quality of care by reviewing the appropriateness & necessity of care provided to patients prior administration of case
- prior approval
- coverage for catastrophic or prolonged illness & injuries
- review for medical necessity of tests/procedures ordered during inpatient hospitalization
5 True/False Questions
SOAP stands for: → provide better access to health insurance, limit fraud & abuse, & reduce administrative costs.
Clinical Laboratory Improvement Act (CLIA): → Established quality standards for all laboratory testing to ensure the accuracy, reliability, and timelines of patient test results regardless of where the test was performed.
Subscriber: → amount for which the patient is financially responsible before insurance policy provides coverage
What year for Group Health Insurance: → group health insurance was offered to full-time employees
Capitation: → provision in an insurance policy that requires the policy holder or patient to pay a specified dollar amount to a healthcare provider for each visit or medical service received