5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- International Classification of Diseases (ICD):
- First Blue Cross policy:
- Exclusive Provider Organization (EPO):
- Clinical Laboratory Improvement Act (CLIA):
- a introduced a plan to guarantee school teachers 21 days of hospital care for 46 a year.
- b provides benefits to subscribers who are required to receive services from network providers
- c provider accepts preestablished payments for providing healthcare services to enrollness over a period of time (usually one year)
- d Established quality standards for all laboratory testing to ensure the accuracy, reliability, and timelines of patient test results regardless of where the test was performed.
- e a classification system used to collect data for statistical purposes
5 Multiple choice questions
- The Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act allows employees to continue healthcare coverage beyond the benefit termination date.
- contracted network of healthcare providers that provide care to subscribers for a discounted fee.
- review for medical necessity of tests/procedures ordered during inpatient hospitalization
- person in whose name the insurance policy is issued
- grants prior approval for reimbursement of a healthcare service
5 True/False questions
Health Maintenance Organization (HMO): → responsible for providing healthcare services to subscribers in a given geographical area for a fixed fee.
Health Maintenance Organization (HMO): → provides comprehensive healthcare services to voluntarily enrolled members on a prepaid basis
Major medical: → they paid monthly fees to medical service bureaus, which were composed of groups of physicians
1984 Standardization of information submitted on Medicare claims: → 1973
Occupational Safety & Health Administration Act (OSHA): → 1940's