← Reviews Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Which is a primary purpose of the patient record?
- The government health plan that provides healthcare services to Americans over the age of 65 is called ___?
- The percentage of costs a patient shares w/the health plan is called__?
- The difference between "fraud" & "abuse" is:
- Which replaced the 1908 workers' compensation
legislation & provided civilian employees of the federal government w/medical car, survivors' benefits, & compensation for lost wages?
- a the individual's intent
- b Coinsurance
- c Federal Employees' Compensation Act
- d ensure continuity of care
- e Medicare
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- catastrophic or prolonged
- involves actions that are inconsistent w/accepted, sound medical, costs to the program through improper payments
- System of checks & balance for labor & management
- -billing for services not furnished
-misrepresenting the diagnosis to justify payment
-soliciting, offering, or receiving a kickback
-falsifying certificates of medical necessity, plans of treatment, & medical records to justify payment
5 True/False Questions
A __ is responsible for supervising & coordinating healthcare services for enrollees: → primary care provider
HIPPA defines "fraud" as: → involves actions that are inconsistent w/accepted, sound medical, costs to the program through improper payments
Examples of "abuse" include: → involves actions that are inconsistent w/accepted, sound medical, costs to the program through improper payments
Healthcare coverage offered by ___ is called group health insurance. → employers
HIPPA includes: → -improve the portability & continuity of health insurance coverage in the group & individual markets
-combat waste, fraud & abuse in health insurance & healthcare delivery
-improve access to long-term care services & coverage