5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Which replaced the 1908 workers' compensation
legislation & provided civilian employees of the federal government w/medical car, survivors' benefits, & compensation for lost wages?
- Which was the first commercial insurance company in the US to provide private healthcare coverage for injuries not resulting in death?
- Major medical insurance provides coverage for ___ illnesses & injuries, incorporating large deductibles & lifetime maximum amounts.
- A __ is responsible for supervising & coordinating healthcare services for enrollees:
- The difference between "fraud" & "abuse" is:
- a Franklin Health Assurance Company
- b the individual's intent
- c primary care provider
- d catastrophic or prolonged
- e Federal Employees' Compensation Act
5 Multiple choice questions
- facilities were required to provide services free or at reduced rates to patients unable to pay for care
- -billing for services not furnished
-misrepresenting the diagnosis to justify payment
-soliciting, offering, or receiving a kickback
-falsifying certificates of medical necessity, plans of treatment, & medical records to justify payment
- -improve the portability & continuity of health insurance coverage in the group & individual markets
-combat waste, fraud & abuse in health insurance & healthcare delivery
-improve access to long-term care services & coverage
5 True/False questions
The intent of managed health care was to: → replace fee-for-service plans with affordable, quality care to healthcare consumers
The problem-oriented record (POR) includes the following four components: → database, problem list, initial plan, progress notes
The Tax Equity & Fiscal Responsibility Act of 1982 enacted the ___ prospective payment system (PPS). → Coinsurance
The primary intent of HIPPA legislation is to__ → create better access to health insurance, limit fraud & abuse, and reduce administrative costs.
Established quality standards for all laboratory testing to ensure the accuracy, reliability, & timelines of patient test results. → Regardless of where the test was performed