5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- The intent of managed health care was to:
- The percentage of costs a patient shares w/the health plan is called__?
- The government health plan that provides healthcare services to Americans over the age of 65 is called ___?
- The difference between "fraud" & "abuse" is:
- The most common forms of "fraud" include:
- a Medicare
- b Coinsurance
- c -billing for services not furnished
-misrepresenting the diagnosis to justify payment
-soliciting, offering, or receiving a kickback
-falsifying certificates of medical necessity, plans of treatment, & medical records to justify payment
- d replace fee-for-service plans with affordable, quality care to healthcare consumers
- e the individual's intent
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- database, problem list, initial plan, progress notes
- facilities were required to provide services free or at reduced rates to patients unable to pay for care
- ensure continuity of care
- primary care provider
5 True/False Questions
The Blue Shield concept grew out of the lumber & mining camps of the ___ region at the turn of the century? → Pacific Northwest
Which was the first commercial insurance company in the US to provide private healthcare coverage for injuries not resulting in death? → Franklin Health Assurance Company
HIPPA includes: → involves actions that are inconsistent w/accepted, sound medical, costs to the program through improper payments
The primary intent of HIPPA legislation is to__ → create better access to health insurance, limit fraud & abuse, and reduce administrative costs.
Which replaced the 1908 workers' compensation
legislation & provided civilian employees of the federal government w/medical car, survivors' benefits, & compensation for lost wages? → create better access to health insurance, limit fraud & abuse, and reduce administrative costs.