5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Major medical insurance provides coverage for ___ illnesses & injuries, incorporating large deductibles & lifetime maximum amounts.
- Which replaced the 1908 workers' compensation
legislation & provided civilian employees of the federal government w/medical car, survivors' benefits, & compensation for lost wages?
- The problem-oriented record (POR) includes the following four components:
- The percentage of costs a patient shares w/the health plan is called__?
- Third-party administrators (TPAs) administer healthcare plans & process claims, serving as a ___?
- a Federal Employees' Compensation Act
- b System of checks & balance for labor & management
- c Coinsurance
- d catastrophic or prolonged
- e database, problem list, initial plan, progress notes
5 Multiple choice questions
- Baylor University in Dallas, Texas
- Diagnosis-related groups
- facilities were required to provide services free or at reduced rates to patients unable to pay for care
5 True/False questions
The primary intent of HIPPA legislation is to__ → replace fee-for-service plans with affordable, quality care to healthcare consumers
Which was the first commercial insurance company in the US to provide private healthcare coverage for injuries not resulting in death? → ensure continuity of care
HIPPA defines "abuse" as: → involves actions that are inconsistent w/accepted, sound medical, costs to the program through improper payments
Established quality standards for all laboratory testing to ensure the accuracy, reliability, & timelines of patient test results. → replace fee-for-service plans with affordable, quality care to healthcare consumers
A nonprofit organization that contracts w/& acquires the clinical and business assets of phyician practices is called a: → medical foundation