5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What volume of the ICD-9-CM is used by hospitals to report inpatient procedures?
- The abbreviation ICD-9-CM means:
- The ICD-9-CM manual was developed based on a text by which organization?
- What is the primary goal for billing procedures?
- True or False:
Three-digit codes (such as 250) are category codes.
- a World Health Organization (WHO)
- b Volume 3
- c International Classification of Diseases, 9th Edition, Clinical Modification
- d To justify why they are being performed.
- e True
5 Multiple choice questions
- Terms enclosed in parentheses that have no effect on the selection of the code listed for the main term
- Enclose an additional code which must be used
- Block 21
- Word or phrase that does not change the code selection
5 True/False questions
How many digits does a category code have → 4
What is the main term in the diagnosis abdominal pain → Pain
What is the main term in Tinea Pedis → Word or condition used to look up a diagnosis which is in bold print
What does NOS mean? → Not otherwise specified
Codes that have mandatory fifth digits are: → Codes that always require a fifth-digit to fully describe them.