5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What are slanted brackets used for
- True or False:
When a code is listed inside slanted brackets, you must sequence that code after the underlying condition code.
- What are the current goals of ICD-9?
- What is the correct code for a not otherwise specified headache?
- What are nonessential modifiers
- a 784.0
- b Enclose an additional code which must be used
- c True
- d Word or phrase that does not change the code selection
- e Facilitate payment of health services,
Evaluate patient's use of health care facilities,
Study health care costs,
Research the quality of health care,
Predict health care trends,
Plan for future health care needs
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Block 21
- Codes that always require a fifth-digit to fully describe them.
- Word or phrase that changes the code selection
- To justify why they are being performed.
5 True/False Questions
True or False:
The term Excludes means the conditions listed are NOT included in the code choice. → False
How many digits does a subclassification code have → 4
What was the original goal for the ICD-9 → To record patient morbidity (illness) and mortality (death) for statistical purposes
What is a main term → Word or condition used to look up a diagnosis which is in bold print
The abbreviation ICD-9-CM means: → International Classification of Diseases, 9th Edition, Clinical Modification