← ICD-9-CM Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What other term does the Alphabetic Index, Volume 2, instruct you to check for under Petit's disease?
- How many digits does a subclassification code have
- What volume of the ICD-9-CM is used by hospitals to report inpatient procedures?
- How many digits does a subcategory code have
- What are slanted brackets used for
- a Enclose an additional code which must be used
- b Volume 3
- c 4
- d See also Hernia, Lumbar
- e 5
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- To justify why they are being performed.
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- Volume 1-Diseases: Tabular List,
Volume 2-Diseases: Alphabetic Index,
Volume 3-Procedures: Tabular List and Alphabetic Index
- Terms enclosed in parentheses that have no effect on the selection of the code listed for the main term
5 True/False Questions
Codes that have mandatory fifth digits are: → Codes that always require a fifth-digit to fully describe them.
What is the correct code for a not otherwise specified headache? → 784.0
True or False:
The phrase "see also" is used as a cross-reference → False
What box are ICD-9 codes entered in on the CMS- 1500 Claim form? → Enclose an additional code which must be used
Symbols, abbreviations, punctuation, and notations in ICD-9-CM are called: → Conventions