5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Command Level
- Sibling Position
- Problem Solving Model
- a Metacommunication or a covert message relative to how the communication is to be taken (ex-I am the boss in this home may be the command level message of the report-level message)
- b Making the client's symptoms too much trouble for the client to continue to have. (Assigning hours of exercise in the middle of the night when they have been symptomatic that day.)
- c Occurs when family members and subsystems of the family are isolated from each other emotionally in terms of their interaction.
- d Associated with the development of specific personality characteristics.
- e Circular, flexible, and contains the following phases: Contact phase, contract phase, and action phase.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Family members' ability to discriminate between their identities and experiences that of other family members (vs. fusion).
- Graphic representation of family relationships that includes a minimum of three generations.
- Occur when the therapist highlights an interaction that is naturally occurring in the moment and assists the family in modifying problem sequences.
- Identified 5 styles of communication in families. Utilized a communications approach that emphasized feelings and self-esteem of individual family members. Family was seen as a system seeking balance.
- Jacobson & Christenson. Focuses on the functioning of the couple. Problems and interactions are believed to be repetitious which causes the problems in the relationship. Help couples improve behavior exchanges, communication, and problem solving skills. Individualized and flexible based on specific problems in the relationship.
5 True/False questions
The Blamer → Accuses, criticizes, and dominates.
Nuclear Family Emotional System (Undifferentiated Family Ego Mass) → Denotes that the emotional system governs behavior on a societal level, similiar to that found in a family, promoting both progressive and regressive periods in society.
Family Projection Process → Process through which parents transmit their lack of differentiation to their offspring.
Therapeutic Triangle → Denotes that relationships have periods of closeness and periods of distance. Triangulation occurs during periods of distance - an outsider takes sides with one person in the relationship.
Negative feedback loop (Attenuating) → Input that maintains the status quo of a system.