← AP Exam 3 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What Viruses/conditions can Interferons help with?
- At what age is the thymus most active?
- What does the thoracic duct drain and what does it arise from?
- Which is the largest lymphoid organ?
- a Childhood
- b Neutrophils follow chemical trail
- c Drains rest of body and arises from cisterna chyli
- d Hepatitis and genital warts (HPV) and multiple sclerosis
- e Spleen
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Skin acid, lipids in sebum and dermcidin in sweat, HCL, Lysozyme, and mucus
- Mucose-associated lymphatic tissue which protects digestive and respiratory systems from foreign matter
- Epithelial tissue overlying tonsil masses which trap and destroy bacteria
- Protect against infectious agenst, amplify inflammatory response, and activate complement
- Do not respond to specific antigens and play essential auxiliary roles in immunity
5 True/False Questions
3 Major types of APC → Develop from monocytes becoming the cheif phagocytic cells
Reticular cells → Produce stroma that supports other cells in lymphid organs
When do neutrophils becom phatocytic? → T cells and B cells
Purpose of the lymphatic vessels → Lymph flows to heart (one way system)
What composes the spleen? → About 20 blood proteins that circulate in an inactive form